Sunday, August 4, 2024

This Upcoming Week.

 It's a bit jarring to hear my name repeated over and over again, in such ominous tones, with such dire warnings. Hurricane Debby is due to hit Florida tomorrow morning. I worry about Ellie, and Ms. Moon. There are probably more of you out there too. Stay safe everyone. 

Tim was amused. He stopped off at Walmart to pick up his prescription after church. He said that he parked next to a huge jacked up truck with the big pipe bumpers and rack on the front. You know, the kind of flashy truck that young men drive to prove their manhood. The license was from Florida. 

He came out of the store and was preparing to leave when he saw an elderly couple come out. The woman had to use a milk crate to get herself into the truck. It gave him a laugh. He never would have matched those people with that vehicle. 

Quiet day. It was a one person day at the new build, so I stayed home and did laundry, stripped the bed, cleaned the kitchen, etc. I had intended to go grocery shopping, but damn, we only have one car. I could have driven the truck, but I'm not familiar with it, and it would be just my luck that something would happen while I was driving it.

My car is still at the tow shop, locked up inside, which is aggravating. They have been telling Tim that they've been waiting on the insurance company to pay the bill. Since we just got our check from them last week, we didn't question it. 

Tim stopped in again, and was told that the bill had not yet been paid by the insurance company. 

Tim came home and called the insurance company who told him that they were waiting on the tow company to send them a bill. They helpfully suggested that Tim could pay the towing/storage fees, claim the car and then contact the insurance company with a new claim. 

We weren't comfortable doing that. It's been quite a while sorting this all out. I wasn't looking forward to another month or more waiting around to resolve part two.

 I called the towing company and told him what the insurance company had said, and he was mad, and I mean right now. He sputtered that the insurance company certainly had been billed, via e-mail. *grumble, grumble, mutter, mutter

I asked him, "So what e-mail address did you mail that invoice to?" 

He seemed unprepared for that question, and it took him a minute or two before he triumphantly said, "Here it is. I have the e-mail right here in front of me!" and he provided the correct address. 

"Okay," I said, "When was that information sent out to her?" 

He said, "um...This email does not have a date or time on it." 

I suggested he resend the information, which he said he would do *grumble, grumble, mutter, mutter*

When I hung up the phone, I shook my head and said to Tim, "Yeah...they never sent that information..."

Our meeting with the city and their lawyer is Wednesday morning. 

It's fair week and Tim does love the fair. 

This weekend, we are away for a birthday party on the other side of the state. 

Probably not a week that we'll get an awful lot done, but we'll have some fun. 

38 comments:

  1. We're looking at a major flooding event in Eastern South Carolina and Georgia. They're predicting anywhere from 12 to 20 inches of rain here! SC is already under a state of emergency so we can prepare for it. Just a few weeks ago we were in a drought. Crazy weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I did not know it was coming to South Carolina. Be safe.

      Delete
  2. A rather basic invoicing system that didn't work. Terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was the man who didn't work. If he had sent an e-mail as he said, the date and time would have been right there. He forgot.

      Delete
  3. I am fine, lots of wind and storms tonight, tornado watch. We have had about 8 inches of rain here so far and it is still raining. The storm is north of us now and will be going into north Florida tonight and up the east coast where they expect a foot or more of rain. My house is in the highest elevation in our town. They made the cemetery near us 100 years ago because it will never flood. The river is two blocks from me but the drop of from the land to water is about 20 feet. I have missed you and just clicked on my favorites and saw you were back. I will read your older posts now and have a smile to know my friend is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was surprised when I could not get to your posts, it said by invitation only. I kept checking back and that is what I meant by what I said earlier. Thanks for letting me read this again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took the blog private for a time, but it was far too confusing to keep sorted. Settings seem to change. I wasn't sure if it was their end or my end, but in the end I simply ended the private blog and turned it public once again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How frustrating - left and right hands apparently not connected to the same co-ordinating brain!! I hope you get your car back soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he simply meant to, forgot to, was upset to be reminded...

      Delete
  7. Heard about the awful weather on the news here today.
    I'm glad you are not private anymore as I like hearing about the house building

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, hopefully you'll get your car back ..soon ..sometime...maybe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe about the same time that we get things sorted with the city.

      Delete
  9. Things move so frustratingly slowly sometimes.
    I laughed at the flashy truck and the elderly couple. People can be surprising.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was once sent a very firm "your bill is overdue" reminder text from a provider that I had not received an invoice from. I rang and they advised they would resend. It didn't appear. I ended up going into their office to find the problem. It was a space at the end of the email address apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are back, missed your blog. Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  12. It has crossed my mind a few times already to make some comment to you about your arrival in Florida but I refrained, I guess until right now.

    An old lawyer that is a friend of mine and I were talking about a downed black cherry tree in my yard that blew down several years ago in a derecho. He asked if I would cut him a chunk and I agreed and did. When he came to pick it up, he was in a new white pickup that had been lifted high up off the ground and had aggressive knobby tires on it. It took me by surprise too.

    I always tell my wife when she asks me why kids think such things are cool that they are compensating for other "short comings" in their life so they can attract mates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a widely held opinion I think. The bigger the truck, the smaller the...um...package...

      Delete
  13. We were out early this morning for a photoshoot. Sue shot but it was so dull that I didn’t bother. The we picked up bkfst at McD. That Kay be the highlight f the week. 👌

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wrong emoji up there but what the heck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But, my friend Anonymous, my superior detective skills have allowed me to figure out exactly who you are! Wrong emojis can't stop me!!! Mwaaahhhahahhahahahaaaaa!

      Delete
  15. I think of you every time I hear a report on that hurricane!
    Hope you get your car back soon. You certainly have had the run-around from lots of different groups! I hope this is the week it all gets settled successfully for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've made good progress. I would just like to see projects finished instead of ongoing. Gaaaaaahhh!

      Delete
  16. Yes, I was kind of amused by that hurricane 's name. But not by the hurricane. Those things are so unpredictable.
    I hope the car issue is soon resolved. You are right, the bill was never sent
    I am really interested in your meeting with the city! Can't wait for that report!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd sure hate to be in the path of me, to be sure!

      Delete
  17. Yeah, I have yet to see an e-mail without a date or time! LOL!

    I'm eager to hear how the meeting goes Wednesday. Glad you have some fun on tap for the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either. Even if the e-mail had been improperly addressed and sent to the wrong person, it would still have a date and time.

      Delete
  18. Well at least all that he had to do was to hit send!!

    Stay safe with your namesake...her tail end will be over us soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. REALLY???? I had no idea that she covered so much area. We're getting quite a bit of rain here as well, and it is cool, a nice break from the heat.

      Delete
  19. Good luck on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ya know, if you're gonna lie, at least try to make it plausible. That guy from the towing company flunked credibility. Good luck with the city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, e-mails have a date and time. They just do. All of them.

      Delete
  21. As to the truck with the old people in it- men may grow up, they may grow old, but they never grow out of wanting the vehicle they want and if they can afford it, they often buy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad to see your post this morning. I hope you have your power back.

      Delete

I'm glad you're here!

Interesting

The huge pile of dirt that was created when we had the basement excavated (it seems like a hundred years ago, but was actually a mere 16 mon...