Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Nailed it!

 It was not a typical work day. Tim needed to wait for the bank to open so that he could get a large sum of cash to pay the excavation guy. While he waited, he ran over to the court house. Levi had questions about a sheriff sale that abuts his property, so Tim looked up the information for him at the court house. We ran up on the hill first, to drop off that information with Levi, and then we headed to work. 

We are working on the ceiling in the kitchen/living room. We are at an exciting place now, because we have a long work table in the living room (a 4' x 8' piece of sheeting set up on saw horses). We've been working from that table for months now, and tomorrow I will spend the morning unloading it and taking those supplies and tools down to the basement. We no longer need them every day. We're both trying to imagine how big the area will look without that big thing set square in the middle of it. It doesn't take much excite us these days. 

I vacuumed up drywall dust and scraped up the 'blops' from the floor, and moved Tim around on the scaffolding. For some reason, he likes to be the one taping the seams, so I just kept myself busy cleaning and organizing. Again. Tim just sets whatever he's using where ever he is, and then gets frustrated when he can't find what he needs when he needs it. I get frustrated because I think that this is all pretty self explanatory. 


Just one of the aggravations of working together day in and day out. 

I was a little worried about the cats. Yesterday the excavator was running up at the garage, bringing a gas line there.  I figured all the racket might have scared the cats, but it didn't. They were waiting for me this morning, but they would not come while I was near. 

After we finished working in the house, we decided to take rakes to level out the dirt where the new lines had been laid. It's a long trail running from the gas well to the house and to the garage. Tim wanted some gravel spread in front of the man door on the garage, and that is when I did it. I walked into the garage to grab the spade out of a corner and managed to run a nail through my foot. 



Honest to pete, it hurt like crazy and it was deep. Crocs are not much protection, that's for sure. That ended our dirt work. I've been soaking it in epsom salts with as hot of water as I can stand. I am using a good drawing salve and wrapping it tightly. 

On a completely unrelated note, I think that something has happened to Mangey. It's been a month since I've seen him and I'm sad about that. 

I've been getting e-mails from the tRUMP campaign believe it or not. 

Make America Great Again. >

FLIGHT CONFIRMATION #45472024


Debby, what time should we pick you up?


I secured you a spot alongside my next Vice President, JD Vance, as our VIP GUEST for a ride on Trump Force Two!


Best of all, the entire trip will be COMPLETELY FREE! >

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. >
ENTER TO WIN

You’ll be my FIRST SUPPORTER to ride on Trump Force Two.


You’ll get to spend one-on-one time with the future Vice President.


You might even get the chance to take a picture together to remember this day forever!

(Of course, there is a small entry fee to be entered in this contest.)

Before I had even stopped giggling over that e-mail, there was another which began like this: 

Make America Great Again. >

FROM THE DESK OF DONALD TRUMP


I’m back on the campaign trail today after my HUGELY successful interview with Elon Musk.




That did it. I had to unsubscribe. Too weird for me. 

49 comments:

  1. Lots of interesting things for you today. Ouch, I haven't stepped on a nail since childhood but I think I remember how much it hurt. Oh... my late husband used to do like Tim, leave his tools where he last used them. I can still hear him asking "honey, have you seen my hammer?" My answer was always the same... "it's wherever you left it".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just had that conversation about the calculator. He asked me if I knew where it was. I said that I used the calculator on my phone. I asked him where he'd worked on the taxes. He found it.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear of your injury. Sounds very painful. You probably should get a tetanus shot if you haven’t had one recently. Love reading your posts. Elaine (in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monday AM. If I need one, I'll have it then.

      Delete
  3. I like your closing sentience. Hope your foot is ok and from now one look where you're putting your feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gads! You sound like Tim! My question is why is there a little piece of wood with a nail sticking out of it in the dark corner of a garage? It seems like a set up to me...

      Delete
  4. Ouch! I've done that myself. Very painful, but probably preferable to sitting next to JD Vance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Given a choice, I'd step on the nail again.

      Delete
  5. I hope you have an up-to-date Tetanus jab as that is EXACTLY the sort of injury which can let it in. Puncture wounds NOT good (same for horses, which is where most of my knowledge comes from!!)

    Keith was always very organized and had everything he needed close by or would tell me exactly where to find it. Gosh, I've missed him around when I've needed things recently. WHICH unmarked tin love? Oh, 3rd one down, 2nd row in on the right of the bench. Ta . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim used to be like that. I sure miss that.

      Delete
  6. Good to get progress, but watch that foot like a hawk xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's no good about the nail. My father was a builder for quite a few years and while being a long way from being a very safe worker, he insisted nails should be hit with a hammer to bend them over if they weren't going to be immediately removed. Yes, about the mention of tetanus shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, nasty! I hope it heals quickly.
    Men and their tools! Have you seen . . . ?' is the background to my life.
    How many people will be taken in by the 'invitations'? Too many, I fear.
    Poor Mangey - it's horrible not knowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Jabblog. You get me, sistah! Even worse, Tim gets cranky if I don't know where it is. Men.

      Delete
  9. Have you had a tetanus shot? You should consider having one. I don't like the sounds of that accident!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't not like the feel of that accident. When I saw what I'd done, I thought I would faint. I didn't.

      Delete
  10. Another here with the "get a tetanus shot" check. Sad to hear about Mangey - but possibly you will have your fill of felines as it is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but you do get attached to the poor things. I think I'll walk over to his house and talk to the neighbor.

      Delete
  11. I am joining the tetanus crowd. I hope you are up to date.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yah, I no longer wear shoes like crocs, or other thinly-soled shoes while working. I hate my feet confined but have stepped on my share of things, so, hard soled shoes it is. Clomp clomp. Hugely successful interview? He sounded even more insane and inept, while blundering and bloviating his psychotic BS. He is doomed, and I am glad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is terrible. I admit t in advance. When i read that line, my first thought was 'huge? What is he comparing it to?' My very b
      Next thought was 'totally explains why he thinks his dick is huge...'

      Delete
  13. I ran a nail almost clear though one of my feet when I was a teenage. I remember it being very painful for quite some time. Hopefully your tetanus shot is up to date.

    Who knew you've been a closet MAGA Republican all this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hush your mouth!!!!!!! LOL. 'Maga Republican!' Surprisingly, it was very painful yesterday. Swelling gone, not painful at all today. After being on my feet all day, it did start burning, but I soaked it after supper. It feels okay now.

      Delete
  14. I feel a little queasy just thinking about the nail through your foot. Definitely needs checking very closely as everyone else has said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS... how kind of that nice Mr T to send you those personal invitations. I bet no-one else has received one!

      Delete
    2. Of course they didn't, Jaycee! I'm spesh!

      Delete
  15. I'm joining the "tetanus shot" crowd. Hope your up to date on that.
    I still get my ex-husband's mail sometimes and he is always getting letters from Lara Trump and the DonOld. I take great pleasure in ripping the letters up and throwing them in the recycling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some folks I know stuff the Postage paid envelopes and return them to him.

      Delete
  16. OK ... You need to answer if you are up to date on your tetanus 💉 shots! Did the nail go clear thru or only puncture the bottom of your foot 🦶? The worst part is pulling your foot off the damned nail! It was a summer ritual as a kid growing up!
    Keep doing what you are doing, but get that shot!
    I hope Mangey shows back up, but he may have found a new friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about pulling the nail out. I actually thought I was going to faint. Of course, Tim was no where to be found.

      Delete
  17. I was going to ask about a tetanus shot too.
    I know that must have hurt like hell. No. Crocs are not much protection but they are so comfortable.
    Trump is completely delusional. I would pay good money NOT to sit next to J.D. Vance (or whatever his name is this week.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did hurt like blazes. Dr. appointment Monday.

      Delete
  18. OMG. Those Trump e-mails! Hilarious! He's a grifter even when he's soliciting campaign donations.

    Horrible about the nail. Do take care of that wound!

    Here's hoping Mangey resurfaces. Maybe in summer he ranges farther from home or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is. I've been toying with going over to his house and talking to his owner.

      Delete
  19. OUCH! I'm with the tetanus shot crowd, better safe than sorry. Yep, his circle jerk with Mushrat was YUGE alright, gave us all a better look into his broken brain. That whole thing was a Harris/Walz ad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugely successful! Made me laugh out loud. He's delusional.

      Delete
  20. The balls of JD, sounds like fraud to me, auctioning off seats on someone else’s plane. The whole rump party are grifters. Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ditto what others have said: please get to a doc, ER or urgent care and get an updated tetanus shot and care instructions. That DJT thing is fake and just wants your money. His VP is appearing at a repub thing in the rich part of KC, on the Kansas side. The tickets are $5K, a photo with the VP candidate is $10K. Don't believe that they're giving away rides with DJT. Sounds simply dangerous. If you ride with him, you'll need more shots than the tetanus one. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trump held a $500,000 fundraiser in California. Attendees will be guaranteed a chance to speak with him privately about issues that concern them.

      Delete
  22. Check the date of your last tetanus shot. If you are out of date, please get one. I think they might be good for ten years now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to actually see the doctor to find out if I'm current. Very annoying.

      Delete
  23. I have received the Trump text messages and emails, as well as letters in the mail. I am blocking and unsubscribing, and tossing the snail mail in the trash. My vote for Kamala will be an unenthusiastic one, but it will be my loudest form of protest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob, at this point in time, I don't see myself voting republican again in my lifetime. It has been shocking to me to watch people align themselves with power, instead of working for their country. And no. I am not saying that Democrats do not have their bad actors either.

      Delete
  24. Another tetanus status vote. If you need one, please go do it.
    I still hear from all sorts of R candidates, from that time years ago when I crossed the line for a primary election.
    As for the new cat crew, they know where the food comes from. As long as they have a place to hide, they'll put up with a lot for food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. They are all there. I don't know if I'll get them tamed. They really are wary.

      Delete
  25. Oh, Debby! You really didn't need that nail in the foot, did you? But then who ever does? Poor woman, with all you have to do.
    The tRump ads, good grief. Sickening. Whst they will do for money. But people will jump at the chance.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you're here!

Interesting

The huge pile of dirt that was created when we had the basement excavated (it seems like a hundred years ago, but was actually a mere 16 mon...