Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Vote

 I have been hit twice with flyers which come via USPS, and warn me that I am not registered to vote, and that I need to register by October 21st. 



The thing is that I am registered to vote. 

(You can all check your status by going to https://www.nass.org/can-I-vote

You would click on the 'i' for Check on Voter Registration Status

You will be asked to pick your state.

You are given a choice to verify via your name or to enter your driver's license number. Enter the requested information and the very first note is "active" (or I suppose "not active" if action is required.

If you live in Pennsylvania, you are only required to register once, with no need to register again unless you change your address, your name, or your political affiliation.)

I just wanted to make sure everyone knew how to check your status, so forgive the side track. Anyhow, I quickly verified that I was still active, and I was. I verified that Tim was still active. And he is.)

Once that was done, I read the information on the mailers, which was fascinating. Right at the bottom of the cards, it tells your that Duty To America is not affiliated with any government agency. The wording of it made me suspicious, and I discovered that yes, it is a right wing PAC. 

Further discussion leads us to this (by Fox News, no less)

This is a race that is being run on a huge amount of misinformation, and it is being done with intention. Make sure that you are registered to vote. If you are registered to vote, ignore any texts, mailings or phone messages that try to tell you that you are not. 

You all know how I am voting. I'm not voting for this. 


8 comments:

  1. We are all voting... but we are nervous no matter which way it goes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the right girl wins. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surely, the US is the only country where they discourage people from voting. Everything is so complicated down there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am pleased you are voting 'correctly'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for spotting that..and for sharing correct information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a state election over here on the 26/10. Unfortunately the current government have not been kicking goals so it will take the opposition falling flat on their faces to get any outcome other than a complete routing - given the history of our state politics, this will not be unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sick of the misinformation and trickery and flat out lies. Since SC is not a swing state we've been spared some of the worst of the shenanigans. I'll bet it's been crazy in PA.

    I hope that the record setting first day of early voting in Georgia yesterday is a good sign for the Harris campaign. Gregg and I plan to vote early as soon as we're able.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you're here!

Vote

 I have been hit twice with flyers which come via USPS, and warn me that I am not registered to vote, and that I need to register by October...