Monday, October 7, 2024

Cats and Cars.

 Now that Tim has moved his truck back into the garage, the kittens no longer have half the garage to frolic around on and keep their distance. We have a small space behind the truck. I sit on the floor and mix up their dinner, talking away to them. They really are getting bolder and bolder, and the cat treats have been quite a motivator. 

Yesterday, Tiger and Sigh did not appear at all, and I was a bit worried about them, but today, they all showed up. They mill around rubbing against the stacked lumber and purring loudly while I talk to them, and usually, there are one or two darting in to grab little tastes of dinner while I'm mixing.

Their dish is probably no more than a foot and a half away from where I sit, and my proximity doesn't seem to bother them as much as it used to. Today, Tiger actually stared at me for some time, finally approaching me to sniff at my shoe, and then to 'boop' my hand with his forehead a couple of times. Sigh came over to sit by me, and almost had a heart attack when I sneezed. All of them were very interested in the treat packet in my lap. 

So...that felt like progress. 

My oldest grandaughter is having her first communion at the end of the month, and I was trying to find something special to commemorate the day. One night when I couldn't sleep, I got to thinking about charm bracelets and how popular they were when I was a kid. I always wanted one, but luxuries were few and far between in those days. 

I got up and headed off to do some googling, and found the cutest little charm necklaces. They were not so expensive that she wouldn't be able to wear it to school if she wanted. I had a good time looking through all the charms, finally selecting an initial charm, a birthstone, a cross to mark her communion, a ballerina because she does love her ballet. and a heart with 'sister' on it. 

It's always kind of dicey when you buy something like that on line, but it arrived today and I was very pleased to see that it is worth every penny. Nothing 'cheap' about it. I think that she will love it, and I plan to let her select five more charms for Christmas. I see several that are fitting. 

We received a package in the mail from the local police department. It is about the broken window. The boys who broke the window have been charged. We have a chance to attend the hearing. Neither one of us see the point in that. We did ask for the decision of the court to be forwarded to us, and we did request a written apology. We don't really expect restitution. I mean these are kids that have done hundreds of dollars in damages, to multiple houses. They'll never pay it off. 

I discovered that one of the boys has a facebook page. In the midst of all the crazy things that kids post, there is one post he wrote to his father who had left the family and started a new one. It seems that the young man had waited for his father to call him for his birthday, and the call never came. 

That struck me as sad. 

Remember the guy that ran the red light over the summer and hit my car? 



Tim bought the car from the insurance company. He had to get a salvage title for it, and then he bought the parts he needed to rebuild the front end. It is done now. He will have to get an enhanced inspection to verify that it is road worthy. I think he did a good job. 

He's a clever fellow.  

I, at least, was clever enough to know that when I met a good mechanic, I should marry him. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Tim is indeed a very clever fellow. Hope the road-worthiness inspection goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the car. I wasn't smart enough to marry someone good at fixing thing, I just got lucky. I come from a family of people who can't fix anything and they all warned me that if we didn't last, they would keep him in the family instead of me.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you're here!

Cats and Cars.

 Now that Tim has moved his truck back into the garage, the kittens no longer have half the garage to frolic around on and keep their distan...