Let's DO this thing!

Monday, October 21, 2024

Customer Service

 It's only Monday, and I'm done. I am so done. The email with the UPS label never arrived. We drove a half hour to the UPS Store to give them the label information that was supposed to allow them to print the label out there. They could not do so because it showed that the label was sent to me! I spent 4 hours on the phone with customer service. It involved 3 phone calls and one chat. 

One of the questions that was asked, "What is the most often called number on your husband's phone?"

 For heaven's sake! Why on earth would that even matter? But she waited, and so I gave her my phone number. 

"I am sorry," she said. "That's not the right number."

"Surely I am in the top ten," I said.

Guess I wasn't. 

Anyways, back home, I tried to sort it out via chat. Could not. I was transferred to a manager, who said, "Why do you need a label? If you bought the phone yesterday, just take it back to the store you purchased it from." 

"I can do that? It wasn't even offered as an option. She told me I had to return it to you." 

I was assured that I could. 

So I did. 

I spent another hour on the phone tonight trying to figure out why the minutes weren't applied to my account. The young man sorted that out in pretty short order, and transferred me to his supervisor who credited our account for the minutes that the woman charged us for last night, which we couldn't apply to the phone that had been returned because it did not work. 

I was wrung out. I hate dealing with stuff like that, but I got it done. I handed Tim his phone. He said, "You'll have to teach me how to work it." 

I said, "Later. I need a break. You do some figuring out for a while."

I checked the e-mail to make sure that I had a receipt for the credit and saw that the Online banking had suspended access to our account. I just spent forever sorting that out LAST month. 

"Tim," I said wearily. "Have you been putting in the wrong password for the online banking?" 

"Yeah," he said. 

"Remember that we had to change the password last month? And that I wrote it down for you..." 

He looked at me. 

I have not got one more bit of patience left in me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad you're here!

Customer Service

 It's only Monday, and I'm done. I am so done. The email with the UPS label never arrived. We drove a half hour to the UPS Store to ...