Sunday, October 6, 2024

Tame thing.

 Tim went up to work on the house yesterday. I stayed at home. Laundry. Cleaning. Made a pot of spaghetti sauce. 

I got a call about a half hour after he left. He'd staked down the trap before we left and baited it with cat food. There was a raccoon in it this morning. I usually am the person who takes the animal to its new home and opens the door and watches him waddle off into the sunset. Or something like that. 

This time, Tim was on his own. He asked me a few questions, and then disconnected. 

He called later, a little amazed at how easy it all was. 

"So the raccoon wasn't upset?" I asked. 

"No," he answered. "He watched me. Never made a sound. I put the blanket over the trap and picked him up. I took him to the top of ------- Hill and let him go in the woods. He headed for the trees and never looked back."

"Good," I said. 

"The raccoon was a lot more tame than your kittens," he observed. 

2 comments:

  1. Will Raccy come back for his cat food treat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's got a long trek before him to do that. Not likely. He went on a 15 minute car ride up to the top of a hill.

      Delete

I'm glad you're here!

Tame thing.

 Tim went up to work on the house yesterday. I stayed at home. Laundry. Cleaning. Made a pot of spaghetti sauce.  I got a call about a half ...