Monday, September 30, 2024

Get Over It.

A nurse tells me that when a health care professional is diagnosed with covid, they are to be back to work as soon as the fever is gone, that they are considered at that point to no longer be contagious. 

I said, "So what about the symptoms?"

They don't matter, turns out, at least not if you are a health care worker. You slap on a mask and get yourself back to work. 

That was a surprise to me. Is it like that everywhere?

As far as me, I'm doing fine. I still have my cough. I also have woke up in the night sweating and hot for the last two nights. I get up, open a window, take some fever reducer and come back to bed. Strangely, I find that I am woozy in the morning, and today, I got motion sickness in the car, something that never happens. Is this covid or something else? I couldn't tell you, but it does seem sensible to take precautions, since I don't have any more test kits. (They are on their way.)

I needed to get some long over due grocery shopping done, and so I wore a mask, and managed to hit the two stores pretty quickly. After a couple of months buying my tomatoes from Albert for 50 cents each (for huge beefsteak tomatoes), it made my heart a little sad to spend $2.69 for three tomatoes in a paper tray that purported to be beefsteak tomatoes but were probably only 1/4 the size of what I had become spoiled with over the summer. The end of summer. 

It's been a rainy weekend, and it looks like a drizzly sort of week which is not a bad thing, since we planted grass seed. Compared to Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee and even Virginia, we got off easy, a nice steady rain, and rain that we could use at that. I cannot imagine the billions it will take to set things right again. And on top of everything, they are talking about new storms forming in the Caribbean. 

I got a lot done at a very slow pace over the weekend. Tim's been working on an electrical issue, which is something that I am absolutely no help with, so it gave me a good opportunity to clean, strip the bed, do laundry and make a pot of stuffed pepper soup. 



6 comments:

  1. I hope you feel back to normal soon. Mine seemed to drag on with odd flare ups now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awfully reassuring to hear. Good luck on your surgery this week. You have been wonderfully organized!

      Delete
  2. Your industriousness never ceases to amaze me!!!! Respect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can buy covid test kits at most stores and WalMart. The rules used to be stay home for 10 days after the fever is gone. Greedy institutions want people back sooner, including the CDC's revamped rules. I still use my mask whenever I go to the main lobby of my apartment complex, the drug or grocery store. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still trying to work out 'stuffed pepper soup'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too Thelma! As for Health Workers going into work with Covid, but wearing a mask - so that's OK! Really?

    Hope you are properly better soon Debby.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you're here!

Get Over It.

A nurse tells me that when a health care professional is diagnosed with covid, they are to be back to work as soon as the fever is gone, tha...