Sunday, July 9, 2023

Not Official

 William and I will be away until Friday.

Let me say that I have not seen the news. But I can tell you that the stand off lasted for 7 hours and involved many agencies. In the end, it was simply announced that the suspect, Michael Burham, remains at large. 

It was reported on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, FOX. The BBC picked it up. I even read a Slovenian report.

So...why did they focus on the house next door? No official explanation, but what I can tell you that one of the tenants has lived there as long as we have lived in our house...12 years maybe. He walks to his menial job every day. He once rambled on to me about how he is a ninja and has a ninja training school in a converted double decker bus out in the woods. People are amazed by his ability to disappear.

I am going to guess that his response to people in full tactical gear demanding access to search his home would be much different than yours or mine.

It might even be deemed suspicious.

Like I said, no one has offered up any official explanations.

Late edit: the police are still in the back yard. They have video of him. They believe that he is holed up nearby, which is exactly what he did last time, slipping out at night to steal what he needed. After the hubbub died down, he kidnapped a couple to drive him out of the area.

Tim is searching and locking up the basements and crawlspaces of the rentals today.

16 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! NOT what you want happening next door. Blardy hell - someone that dodgy right on your doorstep. I am so glad you have moved out for a while but worrying that your beloved is watching it all unroll - and that you had armed guards all over your house? Keep safe my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. William and I had this planned. Tim would not come because he had work to do. It was a coincidence that we were not there.

      Delete
  2. I saw the BBC report. Felt a bit smug because I already knew about it from you. You scooped the BBC--how about that! What a hubbub right next door. I hope your poor daft neighbor is ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a hubbub that will cost a great deal of money.

      Delete
  3. That fugitive seems like a Houdini.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesterday I was reading one of our local breaking news story to my husband about some very dangerous escaped guy in an area not far from where the hubs grew up in PA. The story included photos, arrest history, dire warnings, be on the lookout, etc. Halfway into the article, light dawned and I exclaimed, "Holy crap, that's Debbie's Guy!" (Well, not YOUR guy, but you know what I mean) So, the escapee has made our tiny newspaper news way over here in Podunk NH. Here's hoping they recapture him very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I just read some of the news coverage. I continue to be amazed the guy was able to escape AGAIN. I hope there's some accountability on the part of the jail staff.

      Delete
  6. I think I came in on the tail end of this story. I'm going to have to read your older post that I have apparently missed. P.S. Thanks for the racoon proof birdhouse link you sent me. I will keep that in mind if my current baffle proves not sufficient.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was on our local Tampa news tonight about the man from your town that killed the older couple. It said he was caught North or South Carolina but I don't remember which one but managed to escape and was back in his hometown and still on the run. I think it was the same person since the facts were the same as what you stated earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scary times for you. I hope they can resolve this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you're here!

A Good Day

 We have reached a point in the house where we can relax a bit. We have rehabbed houses for 15 years, and while some of them have been in ho...