Sunday, December 17, 2023

A Post about Nothing

Quiet weekend here. Well. Except for the fact that there was a cat fight in the mudroom between two cats. The long haired black (the Goblin) and a nervous gray cat I haven't seen much of before. I leave the door in the mudroom cracked so that cats have a place to get out of the weather, and there is food for them. 

I suspect that it is Goblin's doing. I did see him run off Mangey once and another time, he took a swipe at Houdi and got himself a good scolding for that one. That was some time back and I have not seen any signs of aggression since, so I kind of figured he was smart enough to want to avoid irritating the woman who feeds him. Now I find myself looking at him and wondering if he's at the root of a $389 vet bill. 

I'd like to find out if he's really found another sucker  soft hearted soul for the winter. It would make it easier for this sucker soft hearted soul to be stern with him. We've closed up the mudroom for the weekend, sitting the food outside. It's cold and rainy tonight though, so we'll try leaving the door cracked with food once again. 

Houdi wants out very badly and was pretty cranky that he cannot get his way. He was nicely distracted this weekend. His boy was here and he was a happy cat. William slept downstairs so that Houdi could sleep with him and they played so much that Houdi has spent most of the afternoon sleeping. 

Me? I spent the weekend baking cookies and doing laundry and listening to Lord Huron. 




That's it, really. Absolutely nothing worth making a blog post over, but strangely, it was soul satisfying.


11 comments:

  1. Oh gosh! I haven't been able to get on the computer in days. Termites, mom's forgetfulness, vertigo.... so much to do, so little time.
    Stay warm and have a happy Christmas celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have way more patience with Goblin than I ever would. Such a bad boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, cat politics!! At least Houdi is happy with William around

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, cat politics!! At least Houdi is happy with William around

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cats do have a hieratical structure and when they are not together often enough to establish the pecking order, there will be trouble. Nice for Houdi and William to spend some time together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are sweet to your neighborhood cats. Glad William was home for a visit. I can't decide if I should bake or just buy desserts for Christmas supper. I've been feeling pretty lazy lately!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why have I never heard of Lord Huron? I mean, NEVER! That I can recall. Rather lovely stuff there.
    Cats. We now have a doppelgänger of Maurice's living in the yard and probably in the garage. It's so weird. I think I'm looking at my very own cat and then I realize I'm not when it gives me a quick look and shoots off into the woods. The only real difference between them that I can see in these short glimpses is that the fake Maurice has a bushier tail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are a number of people putting GoPros on their cats and letting them roam to see what they are up to. Perhaps you should wish for one from Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I'm listening to Lord Huron, who I'd never heard of before. Great stuff! If it weren't Goblin causing problems, it would be some other cat. When there are groups of them, it's just their way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're very good to your stray cats. Many people wouldn't bother.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to be back and reading about the cats although it appears that I have missed a little.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you're here!

More about Fashion (a topic I know little about).

 While we are on the subject of fashion, I have to tell  you, when I read about this, I thought for sure that it was one of those bogus news...