Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Last Day of Break

The storms continued to rattle through in the early hours this morning. Parts of the county had no power. Ours blinked off, but then blinked right back on again. The grocery store my daughter works at was without power when the store opened. The power was not restored until noon or thereabouts. 

Tim wanted to take a run up to the lumber store. It was a good day for me to putter at home. The laundry is caught up, vacuuming is done upstairs and down, mopped the kitchen and the bathroom.  I repotted my new Bird of Paradise, shuffled some plants around to new places, 

Mighty exciting, innit?

I made my version of a stir fry here. I simmer the chicken in broth with teriyaki and garlic, and then add steamed vegetables. I add the noodles, and cook for a couple minutes and that's supper. I did make a discovery today. I never thought it was possible, but you can add too much garlic. 

Tomorrow is back to work on the house day. We've got three days of sunny weather coming. 



12 comments:

  1. Hope you feel supercharged after your break, even with a garlic overdose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaycee. I am really going to miss you. Could you perhaps change the status of your blog to private? invitation only?

      Delete
    2. That is a good suggestion

      Delete
    3. Thanks for that suggestion - take a look at me latest blog post. JC x

      Delete
  2. A ticking over day is no bad thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds to me like you did a lot of work for a "day off."

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds very busy to me - not a break at all. Do you ever just sit down and put your feet up, Debby? Good luck with the building! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to have a day to "catch up" on everyday life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your weather sounds blinking. I love any allium especially garlic. Keeps the vampires away 🙂.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim and Debby and William are marked safe from vampires for the foreseeable future. ps I use garlic with a liberal hand as well. I love it roasted.

      Delete
  7. Allium lovers might also like nigella seeds, somtimes called “black caraway” in the US but they taste nothing like caraway…. I don’t think they are actually an allium, but they do taste like a member of that family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You never know how things will be taken out of context.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you're here!

Friday

l’m old enough to remember  that putting the National Guard  on college campuses is a bad idea. Bernie Sanders might be old but he has said ...