Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Tis the Season

It's been so dry that our foliage has not been so brilliantly colored as usual. 
The changing season always carries that quiet whisper. 
The little reminders. 
The hints.

That knowledge that this season is no more permanent than the season before it. 

Lookie here. We had a visitor. It's an atypical buck. 

The photo is blurry, but it's at least a 14 point. 

     Tim thinks he might be this one from last year. 

Older. 
Wiser. 
Wilier. 

The old man of the woods.



1 comment:

  1. We are dry here now and haven't received any rain in several weeks. The weatherman and people watering their lawns are moaning but the farmer in me is happy. It allows us to get our crops out in a timely manner before the late fall/early winter rains arrive.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you're here!

Caretaking

Well, Mangey came back today. I let him in the house to feed him. I figure that I'll do that for a few days until he gets comfortable, a...