Sunday, April 21, 2024

The highlights

 It was such a great weekend!

The girls were great fun. There were walks and a community yard sale, which was fun. (Two lights for the new build, nothing else. I'm really trying hard to be sensible about STUFF.) Iris played her piano for me. I saw little show. She and her troupe did one tap routine and one ballet routine. It was cute. I wish that I could show you the little video. It really brought tears to my eyes to watch her. Ruby is a 20 month old 'sassypants', which makes me laugh. Her father was the same way. She has the same blond curls at the back of her head as he did when he was a baby. It's fun to watch them and to remember. There was a celebratory supper out with all the grandparents after the dance program. We watched a movie after the kids went down to bed. We had to leave before noon today, but it was a leisurely morning, with a nice walk. Coming home was a six hour trip. 

Supper is made. Laundry done. Short blog post. 

Back to work tomorrow. We are doing the interior insulation this week. 

19 comments:

  1. Welcome back. Lovely short and sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanie! A good time was had by all.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a perfectly sweet little get-away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such good memories for you all, and the kids as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. I know that Iris gets quite excited about my visits. William used to be that way...he's a teenager. It's not cool to get excited.

      Delete
  4. I have a love hate relationship with insulation, at least the fiberglass batt kind. I love doing it because it goes fairly quickly, isn't difficult or strenuous and provides a sense of satisfaction of seeing the wall looking snug. I hate the itchy feeling that carries with me for the next day or two, no matter how I try to seal up my skin so it doesn't come in contact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it was a momentous day. Both of us spilled blood. This has kind of moved things from love hate clear over to hate.

      Delete
  5. Now that we know how quickly they grow up, I think we cherish these moments even more, Debby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grands grow so fast especially when we don't see the for a short while. I had a call from my grandson in S. Korea this weekend, it was so good to hear his voice. talked to his wife that I have never met. Heard my G. granddaughter jabbering, and they said she was waving at me. My grandson is military and has not been home for 3 years. He has red hair and the baby does also, her mother is Korean, little Leah is the only redhead in her little class pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad it was a fun weekend! And you got the laundry done already?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The laundry was done before I left the house. The only thing that I had to do was the travel laundry. I needed to get William's stuff done before his mother came to collect it. Only one load.

      Delete
  8. Whatever will you do when you have finally finished the house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sigh*. We will go back to working on the rehab.

      Delete
  9. It all sounds like a beautiful time was had by al! How lucky you are to have such a sweet family🥰 Good luck continuing with your new home! Xo, Rigmor

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful weekend, Debby!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you're here!

Sunny Days.

 William's here for the weekend, which is nice. (His parents are going to a childfree wedding.) He wanted to see a movie very badly. It ...