Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Getting Things Done

 Today, I felt like I redeemed myself somewhat for my failure with the swing stapler. I am about an hour away from having the upstairs fully insulated. Tomorrow morning, I will finish up, and who knows...maybe I'll give another try with that darned stapler! Walls might be easier than ceilings. We will find out. 

The house looks a lot more spacious now that we have a lot of the lumber and nearly all of the bags of insulation used up. That's nice too. 

While I was cracking away on my project, Tim was able to make progress with his project in the basement too. Now that he had a clear idea about how to proceed, he went right to it. Having a cheerful Tim makes my life easier too. 

We still have to insulate the ceiling of the basement (floor joists of the first floor) but we are hoping to be finished with that by the end of next week. At that point we can call for our inspector to come out and clear our insulation work, as well as the things that he told us we needed to resolve from his last inspection. We need outside receptacles, safety film over our bathroom window so that we don't slip and fall out the window (which seemed pretty far fetched to me, for pity's sake, but hey...it's about keeping him happy) the stair walls in the basement. 

Once this inspection gets done, we'll be ready to actually hook up the electricity and water, and then finally begin putting the walls up. That will make a big difference! 

I've been thinking about it for a while, and today, I made my decision. Coming home, I said to Tim, "I've decided what I want for my birthday, and it's going to upset you." 

He looked over at me and I was actually surprised to see he looked fearful. "What's that?" he asked. 

I told him what I've been thinking of for a while, and made up my mind it is simply going to have to be done. "I want to buy a Seresto collar for Mangey and bring him inside." 

Tim looked at me. "Steal him?" 

"Weeeeeellllll..." I said. "It's not really stealing. His face looks bad. We've got the medication to treat him. I need to bring him inside to do it. The neighbors are not tending to him, and they haven't for quite a while. When he has one of these episodes, they simply don't let him in the house. He needs treated and I can't stand to see him. If we wait until warm weather, he's bound to end up with bot fly or something even more disgusting." 

Tim said, "We can see how it goes." 

So we stopped and spent a $60 on a flea collar.

I was a little surprised at how well Tim took it. "You're not mad at me?" I asked.

"No," he said, "I'm not mad."

Now...I will give you three guesses who did not show up for supper tonight. 


24 comments:

  1. Tim might be relieved that he does not need to shop and try to find a birthday gift for you. You solved the problem for him. I love hearing about your new house, it will be nice when you can show some pics and we can say I remember them doing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've probably raised a very valid point. That part comes as a big relief, I am sure.

      Delete
  2. I wonder how Houdi will get along with Mangey.
    Connecting up the electricity and water will really feel like progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Houdi and Mangey are already acquainted. They seem to be sociable with one another, sitting side by side in a sunny place in the driveway, or booping noses as they pass.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. We shall see. I was going to work this morning, but have some medical stuff to take care of tomorrow. Tim suggested that I stay home, so that he doesn't have to worry about getting back at a specific time for me to get the prerequisites for that out of the way. We will work this weekend to make up for it. I will look for him today.

      Delete
  4. Good idea....but cats are like Radar in M.A.S.H......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He spent all last summer slipping in the house every chance he got.

      Delete
  5. You're as bad as me, stealing the citrus tree to save it from the frost. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, how is your tree doing? No pictures. Unusual for you.

      Delete
  6. Didn't show up because...cat. Too funny. Hope he turns up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That made me laugh. They are a perverse creature aren't they?

      Delete
  7. Well, I think Tim showed up for dinner, so I guess it's a case of cat's intuition. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *ding ding ding ding* 'Winner winner chicken dinner!!!!

      Delete
  8. Now we shall see if Mangey wants to be your birthday present.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I seem to recall that insulating the floor joists over basements is fairly common out east. Out here in the Midwest, you never see any insulation there. I think mostly because our basements tend to be more finished, probably due to lower water tables, and thus they are conditioned spaces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our basement is heated. Our intention was to allow the stove to heat the floor in the bathroom and living area. We wanted to allow the heat to rise up, so this was disappointing.

      Delete
  10. Ouch on Mangey. You are very kind.
    Congratulations on the house. Wow! Will you show us photos of your work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know this part of the process would interest people. I can do a picture or two.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. I do try hard to be. No sign of Mangey. Stinker.

      Delete
  12. It’s so exciting and amazing to read about the work you’re doing on your new house! I’m in awe of how you tackle it all.. but please be careful using that stapler!😅 I love your birthday wish- you’re so kind to care for Mangey! And I don’t see it as stealing! Fortunately we don’t see any stray cats here now, but I know I would be acting like you if we did- it would be impossible for me not to! 😻Xo, Rigmor

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've got to say, strangest request for a birthday present but I get it.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you're here!

Sunny Days.

 William's here for the weekend, which is nice. (His parents are going to a childfree wedding.) He wanted to see a movie very badly. It ...