After a frustrating afternoon, I've bought my ticket. I am headed to the UK next month to see my daughter and her husband. I have not seen her in three years.
We intended to fly to Georgia to see them for Cara's milestone birthday two years ago. She talked us into waiting a couple months until the weather improved. Biggest mistake ever. In less than a month, Covid had shut everything down all across Europe. It stayed that way so long that I missed her wedding.
So. I've been a bit sappy about how much I want this. I'm going by myself, because Tim is not quite retired and I'm afraid to wait. These are uncertain days. I don't want to miss another opportunity.