I had intended on heading east Tuesday morning. My bags are packed, and I'm anxious to see my children and granddaughter. It's only been three months, but honestly, it feels like forever. I'm very much looking forward to my week with them.
We've got some pretty questionable weather moving in between Sunday afternoon and Monday afternoon, and I've been keeping a very close eye on that storm front. It doesn't look like they will be hard hit on the eastern side of the state, but they are calling for 10-14 inches of snow here, with the possibility of more.
Now, we have had winter storm warnings for a week now. Dire snow warnings, maybe 2 or 3 inches. Sleet warnings, nothing. More snow advisories, one right after another all week long, with very minimal issues here. The storms seem to be going around us. So...I wasn't really too concerned about the weather forecast, to be honest.
Except Tim said, "If we get the snow that they forecasted, it's going to take a while to clean up, and you take some back roads through the mountains to get to the interstate." His concern was not what was being predicted for here. He wasn't too interested in what they were calling for there. He was more worried about what lay between the beginning and the end of the trip. He said, "I think you should get up Sunday morning and leave in the morning. That way you are there before the weather."
I texted Dylan. "Come when you want," he said.
Two extra days tacked on to my visit? And I don't even have to think twice?
This retirement thing is working out just fine so far.