I have said it before: all people are entitled to their opinions, but when someone comes here to bemoan all politicians as corrupt but refuses to put their name to their comment, they will be deleted.
He had a lot of emotion but stated no reasons for that emotion. He invoked the name of 'slick willy' but offered no explanation as to why he was focused on that presidency while overlooking current events. Decrying all politics as corrupt allows a person to avoid taking a stand.
The comment was deleted.
What is happening now cannot be normalized. It shouldn't be normalized. It is a time to speak up and to speak out. It is time to own your words. If you can't do this, then do not think your comments will join the words of those who do have that courage.

Good for you Debby, you're not telling anyone how to think, just to stand behind their words.
ReplyDeleteThat "cop-out" (all politicians......) always makes me furious. Such a coward's way to escape taking a stand. I know that they know they have nothing to stand on! Just blow it off and it will go away, they think. But my respect is what goes away.
ReplyDeleteI agree, if you have an opinion and express it in a forum such as this then you should have the courage to stand by what you say, own your words and do so by signing your name. Anonymous keyboard "warriors" are a nuisance.
ReplyDeletePart of the reason our world is a mess is due to people emboldened by anonymity to bully and disparage.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely nothing about this administration is normal. I hope there can be a reckoning for tRump and his cretans but I'm afraid that the Supreme Court has given him a Get Out of Jail card.
ReplyDeleteTaking a strong action against aggressive 'anons' is the only way we can fight them at this moment in time. How anyone can defend the present president of the USA and his sycophants is beyond my understanding.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Thelma!
DeleteEveryone is entitled to their opinions unless their opinions are wrong, as they so often they are. That's a bit tongue in cheek, but I certainly endorse Thelma's last sentence in her comment above.
ReplyDeleteI have a theory about some of the anonymous comments. I suspect I know who a couple of them are, and because they're generally not welcome in some places (due to their past behavior and ugly comments) they log in as anonymous so they can get a word in.
ReplyDeletePretty sure I know who this one is. He makes disgusted noises about this administration but invariably minimizes or attempts to normalize what is happening.
DeleteAnonymity is a cruse of social media with no ownership of their words.
ReplyDeleteAccepting anonymous comments does leave one open to spammers...or shy bullies. I think there are legitimate anonymous people, and they usually say who they are when they comment.
ReplyDeleteI respect how you stand up for yourself and your beliefs.
ReplyDeleteAnd I love that meme:)
I'm feeling quite heartened about my local political arena. Our town has many problems, most developing over the last 8 years. Our council has done nothing but fight amongst themselves, they now have a police officer at every meeting to keep order. Each councillor has their pet project while ignoring the overwhelming issues of crime, unemployment and homelessness. Elections are this October. I wondered if anyone would run, who would want to take on the mess. I'm surprised how many good candidates have stepped up. A first good step, now to see if the electorate will come to their senses.....
ReplyDeleteI have tried and tried to post this comment and Blogger is just not having it. So I'm typing a little more to see if the content makes a difference. What I've been trying to say is, "I agree. I don't allow anonymous comments, partly for just that reason."
ReplyDeleteI have zero tolerance too. If someone has something to say - then use your name. And if you are just an idiot making wild accusations to distract from this bonfire of a mess - go back in your hole.
ReplyDeleteMy name is not now and never will be "Anonymous." If I felt I couldn't provide my name, then I would know I was ashamed of what I was saying.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Janie
Yes, there are technical reasons why comments post as anonymous, but decent people insert at least a first name, to own their words.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you completely. I know I have one friend who keeps signing in Anonymously, but she’s told me it’s her.
ReplyDelete