Today at the protest, a big SUV drove by. The window came down and the woman began screaming 'If you hate this country, LEAVE!'
I am so sick of the nonsense.
I roared right back: "Freedom of speech doesn't just apply to the opinions you agree with, sistah!'
I don't know what she said but I could hear her shrilling as she traveled down the street, moving slowly so that she could argue. She must have proclaimed that "Trump is the best!' or something to that effect, because a good natured protester's voice rang out clear and loud: "The best what though?" and she burst out laughing. So did the rest of us.
I don't imagine we changed her mind, but we did shut her mouth.
While we were there, a fellow came around with flyers. He is organizing a march for Canada Thursday evening. We told him we would be there. This week will be full on. I just want it to matter.
Tiger Kitty has been missing for a couple weeks. He really had been so very good about sleeping inside. I feel pretty bad about this.



No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm glad you're here!