The question becomes 'what sort of data are data centers storing?' When you have a government that is actively monitoring our online activity, and not hiding the fact, to me, personally, it makes me suspicious of the sudden need for so many.
The trump sycophant running for governor in my state is advocating building these in our "vast unused" rural spaces. She also says these need to be deregulated, meaning local government will have no sway in these decisions.
I don't think any massive corporation should be deregulated, especially one with the potential to be used against a country's own citizens.
I can already hear you self proclaimed seeing-both-sides folk snorting and rolling your eyes as you point out valid uses for these storage places. Sure. So let those corporations store their own data. It might be cheaper to use massive storage data centers, but why are we so concerned about making another way to cut costs for corporations?
Stacey Garrity is trailing Josh Shapiro in that governor's race by double digits right now, very good news.
(Reminder to anonymous: if you don't put your name to your comment it will be deleted.)
What has six heads, twelve legs, makes a lot of flappy, agitated noise? (Answer: six chickens who immediately flock and head straight at any cat looking interested.) After a week, the cats ignore them. I have begun to cautiously turn them out in the morning.




No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm glad you're here!