It has to be a hundred years old:
Ignore the dust. We had a busy day, did not get home until 6. I had tomatoes to be picked, processed and put into jars for stewed tomatoes
I am pleased to say that I got it all done and am waiting for the "ping'. (1 down, 7 to go.)
Anyways, what I love about that shelf is that it is made out of a shipping crate. You can see the "use no hooks' on the back. The rest of it is painted. The door is gone. But look at the top of it. The man who made it took the time to 'pretty it up' for whoever he was making it for. Me, being me, imagined a happy little story about a happy little couple in a happy little house about a hundred years ago. I imagine him proudly giving it to her, and her believing she had married the cleverest man in the world.
How can you get rid of something with a story like that?
(2nd jar pinged)
I also found a very excellent find today. My oldest granddaughter sews little things for herself by hand but she dearly wanted a sewing machine. She bought herself a child's sewing machine from her own money, but it never did work properly. I read up on it (3rd jar pinged) and my daughter in law and I discussed simply getting her a regular adult sewing machine. The concern was spending a lot of money on an 8 year old's hobby, but today on marketplace. $30! Even if she loses interest, the machine can be sold without losing monry
I could not wait to tell them (4th jar pinged) and her grandma there has offered to teach her to sew.
Today was my son"s 40th birthday. I sent him a review:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Great kid.
Would birth again.
No reply. Poor guy evidently did not find it as funny as I did. His real gift was a bottle of blended bourbon/maple syrup (it actually is quite smooth and I don't even like bourbon) and pancake makings. He is the master breakfast dad.
Today was my youngest granddaughter's first full day of preschool. She decided at the lastminute.com she wanted to stay with mom, but she didn't cry. At the end of the day, she was all smiles. She loved it, much to everyone's relief.
5th jar pinged while I was breaking up at cat fight.
Tomorrow, it is supposed to rain. I am glad for that. It gives me a day off from working on the old house, which is good. I have peppers to chop for the freezer. I imagine we will have another round of tomatoes to pick. Tomorrow night we will have to cover everything. Unbelievably, there are frost warnings.
6th and 7th jars pinged.
Trump claimed today that two burly firemen dragged him from the rubble on 9/11. I remember that day. He called Wwor on his penthouse line
https://youtu.be/aPvemZHnd0s?is=suKje94yYPdlg4wM
The man is crazy.
In Canada, fancy plaques are going up on public toilets, designating them as trump monuments.
I am waiting on one remaining jar to seal. It is after midnight. Hopefully it will ping without me.



No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm glad you're here!