The rest of it just went into a pot and after cooking down, I used my immersion blender to give a quick whisk. VĂ²ila! 12 pints of tomato sauce.
Tim made a great discovery over the weekend. He stopped in at Albert-Down-The-Road's perpetual garage sale. There was a newish upright freezer for $150. We have a chest freezer that is probably 35 years old that runs perfectly, but it is inconvenient to dig through, and sometimes things get lost, requiring prolonged digging through frozen stuffs while standing on my head..
We will use the upright for meat storage and the chest for vegetables. In the great sorting, we think we have come up with the perfect organizational system: large Aldi shopping bags! We used crates but the plastic did not stand up to the cold.
The most exciting thing? Today I am picking up six chickens.
I have a nice picture but blogger is not 'taking' it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm glad you're here!