I came inside with my biggest kettle full of corn, steamed it, packaged it and got it down to the freezer to join the other two dozen. I think that's enough corn. It will make a nice treat this winter.
This morning, I could just not get moving to save my soul. I had slept poorly and the coffe wss not doing it. I saw Beth's note that Joanne passed from peacefully this morning just before six. I gave myself permission to stay home and do for my house what I can't do for the world...put it to rights. Tim went to the protest without me.
We did a little running when he got back. The little store we go to had huge green peppers. 2 for $1.00. 50 cents each was not such a great deal, not really, but they were so big and perfect that it wasn't the worst deal I ever saw either, so I got 10 of them.
It was a nice hour sitting at the kitchen table chopping peppers for the freezer while listening to a thunderstorm rolling in. Those 10 peppers filled 5 quart freezer bags, over six lbs of chopped peppers. They joined the 3 qts of chopped and sliced peppers already down there.
I carefully set the pepper seeds aside. I will dry them in the greenhouse and then pack them into a pill bottle for next year's garden.While I worked, I allowed myself the luxury of trying to imagine what the world will be like in 9 months when I am getting my next garden planted.
Maybe it will be different. I sure hope so.
A terrible picture in the quiet, poorly lit livingroom. Tim got his mount back from the taxidermist today. He is proud. I think I will write a book called 'Decorating with Dead Stuff'. It will be a backwoods bestseller.
I met a woman I used to work with. She was a quiet person, so quiet, you might not have thought she had opinions. Turns out that she does. So did he. It was nice to discover that.
The trump administration has begun exporting wild horses to foreign governments who slaughter them for meat.
Today trump announced his plan to import cheap beef from foreign markets to bring prices down.
I am sure that those two things have nothing to do with each other, though.
The storm warnings have expired. I need to go to bed.


No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm glad you're here!