Saturday, September 26, 2026

Update

 The 'other' Tim is off the ventilator. His wife Noreen says that he sleeps a lot, but she managed to get a picture of him awake while the nurses had him sitting up. For being 3 days post transplant, he looks surprisingly chipper to me although I am admittedly no expert in this field.



I am at my my son's house. He got home from a business convention in California late last night. He began to feel unwell on the flight home. By the time the plane landed he was decidedly sick. He still had an hour and a half drive from the airport. He made it but date night was definitely not in the cards. He slept all day but managed a light supper, so it looks like he is getting over it

One fairy tea party and a craft day. Bats today, cheese cloth ghosts drying, and they each made a 'squishy'. Tomorrow we will finish our ghosts and we have a pine cone owls to make. 

Tomatoes were canned, peppers and onions chopped and frozen for the freezer. 

 It just goes by too quickly.



29 comments:

  1. Fr Tim looks fantastic! It looks like all is going very well.
    So sorry your son is ill. My cousin just returned from vacation in Europe and everyone in her group arrived home ill. I think I might stay home for a while.
    I am sure your family is very grateful for all the freezer and jar supplies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim's color looks great. I hope that means good circulation. thanks for the update. Pass on my good wishes, please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, Fr Tim looks very well considering the nature of his operation.

    I have my flu jab next month and hoping to stay clear of any flu bugs before then, but there's a nasty cold going round.

    It sounds like you really earned your keep at your son's. Rotten timing for him being unwell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad for the good news! Too bad about your son, but at least he is doing better. Thanks for the update! Have been checking often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tim is looking good, may his recovery go well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to get the update on Tim--but darn it, hope your son just has a 24 hour bout of something. He's home at least.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alt Tim looks really good, good color. I hope he recovers quickly and completely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the update on Fr. Tim. I have been checking for his results and was so glad to see the picture and hear the good report. Hope your son keeps feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

  9. Glad Tim is doing well. Hope your son is back to feeling well quickly.
    Great advice in the box, too--lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad it all went well for him. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the best to Tim in his recovery and your son also. Still you had a good craft day by the look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you're making rounds as a nurse now! Hope everyone keeps getting better. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness no. My cousin's story is taking place in Ohio. My daughter in law is the nurse for my son. Sadly, I am succumbing to something even as I type. I am certain I did not catch it from my son since I did not see hide nor hair of him until last night. I brought it with me, I suppose.

      Delete
  13. Tim looks great after such a surgery, hope he has a speedy recovery.. hope you feel better too. Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to see the patient looking so well. Hope he continues to make good progress. Sorry to hear that you and your son aren't feeling well. Hope you can rest and relax before you have to head home. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Best wishes to all for speedy recovery! So glad especially that Fr Tim is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with Boud on the Other Tim's circulation. His skin color was the first thing I noted.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad Father Tim is doing well! Our former cattle broker had a heart transplant years ago (10? 15? I lose track) and never looked back.
    Love that last "advice". Hope everyone gets well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful to see Tim doing well. May he continue to live with lots of joy and energy. Hope all the other folks who had difficulties have recovered well. I'm going to copy that last quote, it's so good to consider!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fingers crossed for Tim to continue his recovery, great news! He does look awfully good.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great news (about Tim)! A speedy recovery for your son too. Health is everything, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  21. You hae a lot going on. I hope the two patients recover rapidly.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good news about your Other Tim, wishing him a speedy recovery.
    The meme struck a chord with me today. I recently decided to get rid of most social media, and am not anxiously watching the news every morning as I was. I'd rather spend my time outdoors, now putting the gardens to bed for the winter, or indoors reading or crafting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh goodness, I do hope that all lurgies beat a retreat real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great news about Tim! Now for the healing. I know you must feel a huge relief.
    Sorry about your son. Poor guy. Nothing he could do but tough it out.
    Good job with the veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Second Tim looks pretty good. May his recovery continue to go well and be painless. I'm sorry about your son. I hope he feels better today. I need to get my flu and COVID shots.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great news about your cousin.
    Glad that your son is improving too, but so sorry to hear that you are coming down with something.
    Hope it is very fleeting and that you feel hugely improved soon.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I sure hope you stay healthy, Debby. We're still getting ourselves organized after returning from Illinois.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you're here!

Satisfying Day

Kacey Musgraves bites back at Kristi Noem after Talarico concert appearance:  https://share.google/ZPjSlE3VOCpYgrTgy Ukraine destroyed 2 Rus...