Thursday, September 10, 2026

Hot Dog

 We did not have a frost last night. It didn't get anywhere close to cold enough for that.

We had more weather though. We had to go to the bank. I needed to buy eggs. I buy the 5 dozen box. It normally lasts a couple months, so hopefully I will have my own eggs by then *side eye at the 'ladies'* it will be winter, so who knows really? We are putting a light in the coop to balance the short days and we will hope for the best.

Anyways, back to the weather. While we were in town, we stopped at the Goodwill which is right by the bank. It was 79 cent day. I found this and knew immediately where it should go. I also found a chenille sweater for my youngest granddaughter. 



(I also realized when I got home, the sign was printed crooked. Lucky that I am not OCD.)

But back to the weather...while we were in the store, the skies opened up and it was yet another torrential downpour. We scooted to the car, got soaked, and the water rushing to the storm drain went to my ankles. It is always amazing how quickly this happens. 

Tornadoes went east of us, but I have not heard of any touchdowns. 

At his GOP convention, Trump promised every American $5000 if Republicans win the midterms.  1) that is a violation of federal law. 2) it would cost a trillion dollars and 3) We are still waiting on our D.O.G.E checks, our $2000 tax rebates and our $1000-1500 health rebates as a reward for letting the ACA lapse. 


Nobody in their right minds believes these promises. I take it one step further: no one in their right mind would stand in front of a camera making promises like this, or telling boldface, easily disproven lies. It always amuses me when people talk about 'Trump derangement syndrome. Our president is literally crazy, but the people who notice are the ones that get labeled. 



Gas went up 30 cents a gallon yesterday. Are you seeing that where you are?


51 comments:

  1. Ankle-deep rain after preparing for a frost—mother nature is really keeping you on your toes! Glad you stayed safe from the twisters, though.

    Hope the lighting in the coop gets the girls motivated so you don't have to haul another 5-dozen box home next round! Great score at Goodwill, too; 79 cents is hard to argue with, crooked sign or not.

    And absolutely yes on the gas jump—we saw a sharp spike at the pumps here as well. Definitely feeling that sting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always a bit of a jolt when something jumps that much over the course of a day.

      Delete
  2. That's a good assessment of Trump's character -- an old hot dog skin making noises with its face! The Guardian says J.D. Vance walked back the $5,000 pledge a bit, saying it wouldn't go to everyone. No rich people, supposedly, though who's rich and who's not remains to be seen. Of course it will never happen anyway so I suppose it really doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has to have some idea that the elections are not going to be kind.

      Delete
  3. I think we are figuring out alternate ways of posting photos, but I guess they are back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not post anything last night. Everything was fine this morning.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. That jump is going to lead to a big jump in virtually everything else.

      Delete
  5. How do you keep your eggs so they last that long?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just keep them in the fridge. They keep just fine.

      Delete
  6. I live in California so we’ve been paying about $5.50/ gallon and now think it’s over $6 of course we don’t believe a word that comes out of that man’s mouth. Neve4 have, never will. Lini from Petaluma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot believe anyone would belive him...but they seem to.

      Delete
  7. That meme, with the scrapings off the floor, I like it very much. I was wondering how you keep your eggs that long too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scraping it off the floor or someplace worse?????

    ReplyDelete
  9. We can add attempted bribery to the resume of the liar in chief. Yes gas is up and diesel is the highest it's ever been. Everything we buy will go up because trucks bring things to stores and diesel runs trucks. I'll bet the felon has never thought of that. Or anything really.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What do you think of your Senator Fetterman showing up at the Republican "convention"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thar man bears no resemblance ro the Fetterman I heard speak on the campaign trail. He will never be re-elected. Quite an ignoble end to a man who seemed poised to do great things for his constituents.

      Delete
  11. Diesel is over $7/gallon in Spokane. That was shocking to see.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't make out that the sign is crooked. Isn't just the lower edge of the timber isn't cut straight?
    You may not have been given the handouts yet, but aren't you reaping the benefits of the tariffs #47 has applied like you were supposed to? Everything is cheaper for you, and the world is showing respect to the US because #47 has stopped other countries taking advantage of the US? No???

    ReplyDelete
  13. Catching up with you! One thing for sure, Debby, is that you always are busy and always have interesting things to say
    So cool about your hens! We are chicken-less right now, and it feels so odd. I also dislike running out of eggs. I am so used to always having them on hand. But I may just put off getting more chickens until next spring, and give us a break from caring for them over the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apart from last summer's experiment with two chicks last summer (t ended badly, don't ask), I have never had chickens. They are quite entertaining and I love having them around.

      Delete
  14. You all have all the weather going on at once! Down here in VA I'm hoping we might get a quarter of an inch of rain tomorrow and that it won't get into the 90s as predicted! And we aren't that far apart geographically.

    Cheers, Ceci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We aren't. I used to live in the Alexandria area, later Gaithersburg, and then Baltimore/Essex area. Where are you?

      Delete
    2. Falls Church, with kids in Baltimore. You had us surrounded!

      Delete
    3. Or you were lurking, keeping an eye on us...

      Delete
  15. There are people who will believe in the current "offer" even though nothing else has come through. They believe it because he says it and they think Democrats have stopped him from giving them all the other promised money.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Our fuel prices always going up - 191.9 - 195.9 seen on my travels this week. Per Litre. I can remember when we bought it by the gallon and if we were paying by the gallon now it would be £8.68. I think you're not that far behind in the States now.

    $5,000 per head if he won the mid-terms? Isn't that a bribe ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it most certainly is. Taking it one step further, he is trying to bribe us with his own money.

      Delete
  17. We're getting rumbling thunder and hoping for rain. I seriously doubt we'll be seeing any frost though. Haha!
    As Heather Cox points out- it's the price of diesel that's really the most disturbing. This country runs on the stuff and its price is climbing higher faster than gas.
    I'm pretty sure that the Trump Derangement Syndrome is not what MAGA thinks it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am positive you are right. Not rhat right, whiich would be wrong. You are left and as such, you are right.

      Delete
  18. He had is followers pledging allegiance to him at that convention. Repeating his crazy words. Nuts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that too, Ellen, and came here to mention it. The utter derangement of this man cannot be overstated.

      Delete
    2. Not only allegiance, but "to cheat like hell". Elon Musk has set up a copy cat site called votesafe.org. it collects vote data which he is sharing. Our Pennsylvania governor refused to turn over voter rolls to this administration. It would appear that a workaround has been devised. I strongly recommend that everyone verify their status. The site you need is vote.gov

      Delete
  19. Every day, more BS and more quid pro quo grifting. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get over the thought that at the turn of this century, we never would have believed it.

      Delete
    2. So true. Literally no one predicted this timeline.

      Delete
  20. "Makes noises with its face" sums up that shitshow in Dallas perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just cannot believe he is openly calling on people to cheat I can't believe he is openly offering bribes. AND THERE IS NO REACTION FROM CONGRESS

      Delete
    2. Spineless invertebrates, all of them.

      Delete
  21. Gosh, you will have plenty of eggs! The lier-in-chief would be a funny clown if he weren't in a position of power. May all who are hood-winked by him fall gently on their faces! And may all who are puppeteers sizzle as they create their own ends.

    ReplyDelete
  22. He is so full of shite that his eyes are turning brown. Obviously he is going to cheat in the upcoming elections and wants his cultists to do so as well.He hates Carney because Mark is truly smart unlike the dumpster fire in charge of USA

    ReplyDelete
  23. I truly think that the Republican party did themselves a major disservice harnessing their wagon to Trump. What is worse is there are many Australians who think "there is the model we want to follow"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not just Australia, Jeanie. It really is horrifying.

      Delete

I'm glad you're here!

Plagues and pickles

 Well, I am back home now. We got things done while I was there, but it was plain to see that my daughter-in-law was tired. When we found ou...