I have been hard at work clear the little flower bed by the greenhouse, and I did get that done. It was a tangle of brambles. shrubs, weeds and some vines tying it all together.
Then I was inspired to clear all the growth back from my greenhouse.
Thrilled with the results of that hard work, I decided to pull out all the ductwork and the furnace Tim stuck in my greenhouse a couple years back. That poor green house was floor to rafter.
(This situation was only temporary.)
Did you know a furnace weighs 250 pounds? And that hornets build nests in them when they sit for a couple years? Just two things I learned about furnaces.
So I hauled it all to Tim's garage, about 30 yards away.
(It is only temporary.)
And it looked so very nice once I was able to get inside. So I got a broom, a bucket of soapy water, and some window cleaner.
You know what is missing? Plants.
My project right now will be propagating. Later on, seed collection. Next year, the goal will be a small heater so that I can start my plants out there. We already have one in the garage waiting.


Wait, how did you move that furnace if it weighed 250 lbs and was full of hornets?
ReplyDeleteI 'walked it' out of the green house. There suddenly was a hornet. And then another, etc. In the excitement the furnace was dropped on its side. The hornet nest fell out of the top of the furnace from the force of the impact. I prudently decided a break was in order. After a while, I just went to the garage and got a dolly. It took me six separate attempts to move it the 30 yards into the garage.
DeleteLove it! It’s such a nice song space. I would add a good chair and a little table
ReplyDeleteKJ
The workbench has a small step stool I can sit on tucked beneath it.
ReplyDelete