Thursday, August 13, 2026

Entertainment.



 I have driven 'the new car' this week. This morning I could not find my key fob, which was annoying, since I just keep my key fob in my pocket. But it wasn't there. I took Tim's from the glass bowl and headed off, but it really bothered me all day.

I came home and looked everywhere. Under normal circumstances, I would have come home, took off my lanyard and fair ID along with my fair pass and set them on the end of the kitchen table, ready to grab the next morning on my way out. 

But it wasn't there. So I looked under cushions, under furniture, checked pockets. Went through the clothes in the hamper. Even checked the garbage.

Nothing. 

Tim was grumpy because he never loses stuff. 🙄

Tonight I was thinking about it. I went to the car and pushed the start button. It started right up. This meant that the fob was in the car. This was helpful information, although I still couldn't find it. Tim did though. When I put my Raincoat in the back seat, the fob had fallen out of my raincoat pocket, and slipped under the back seat.

Tim watched a foreign movie tonight. The subtitles were pretty strange.  There was a lot of 'footsteps pattering' and 'bell rings', 'laughter' etc. Things that did not really need translating. Actual conversation read 'Enzo speaks Italian'. 'Lucia speaks Italian' etc.

Isn't that just the strangest thing?

Tomorrow is Friday. Two more days and the fair is over. I am glad. I am about peopled out, but it is important to be there. We all feel it. 




17 comments:

  1. You're ready for a rest - well, a change is as good as a rest, it is said!
    I love the giant kite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the frustration of lost items. Recently misplaced a credit card (something I never do) and believe it or not, it had a strange and happy ending of being found very similar to your car fob. The relief was enormous! I love people and you're certainly doing very good work, but I do understand being "peopled" out. Hopefully there's time for you to disappear amongst your garden and home for a wee bit...also good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My car key fob lives in my purse since I never go anywhere without it. Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's lazy captioning. My favorite is when a car runs on gravel and the caption reads "applause"!
    Thank you for your work at the fair. You're certainly doing your share and more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you left the fob in the car, didn't you notice the car didn't lock as you walked away?
    AI is wonderous, yet our tvs can't get subtitling right yet. As you would expect, it does quite well for an American accent. Not so good for the rest of the English speaking world. Boud's example is funny, and I've seen similar nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They probably do captions for things like "laughter" for people who have profound hearing loss and cannot hear those small things. Maybe?
    I call the space between the center console and the seat "the Bermuda Triangle." Drop anything in there and you may well never see it again.
    Glen tore apart his recliner two nights ago because he could hear his phone ringing in it but...where was it? He did eventually find it and I could quit calling him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Moon is right. It is called "Closed Captioning" and is for the hearing impaired. When you choose what text you want to see from the menu, it is usually marked (CC).

      Delete
    2. I know what closed captioning is. But foreign films have subtitles. This was an Italian movie.

      Delete
  7. I cannot lock my car if my key fob is in the car. If I cannot find my fob I usually go, try to lock the car and then know it must be in there if it will not lock. I just carry it in my purse all the time since I take my purse when I go places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both have fobs. The car is new enough to me that I did not realize the car will lock with a fob inside if a second fob is in my pocket.

      Delete
  8. I lose stuff quite often and it's a pain to go looking for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That mean trick the key fob didn't just couldn't be repeated; wow! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't realize the fair lasts a whole week. You are a trooper! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to compliment your service at the fair! Every day is a commitment!!!! Good for you!! You really are making a difference and standing up for your rights. I am proud to know you!
    Isn't it maddening when you lose something and you know it has to be right there? I know that frustration! I am glad it was in the car. It makes sense once you find it. I can lose things within 3 feet of where I had it last. It is a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, that's a relief about the key fob. Bravo again for your presence at the fair. Those subtitles sound like AI at work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’ve lost my wallet 15 times this year alone

    ReplyDelete
  14. Had similar the other day, trying to find my glaases.
    They were, of course, on top of my head.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you're here!

Anonymous

 I have said it before: all people are entitled to their opinions, but when someone comes here to bemoan all politicians as corrupt but refu...