Monday, July 27, 2026

Cats and kids


Tonight, for the first night, Tiger has not hidden in the house. I moved the couch a couple days back to vacuum under it, and found quite a stash of cat toys. I set them aside and today he found them. What a good time he is having, running up and down the hall, chasing jingling balls. 

Just to see what would happen, I put down a paper bag.

Instant mayhem.


Houdi has never shown any interest in a paper bag, until now.



You'll  have to excuse the low light. I did not want to interrupt the excitement. It is nice to see Tiger relaxing though.


Tomorrow will be spent getting my stuff together for a trip east. We are having a bit of a pre-celebration for the girls' birthdays, since they will spending their actual birthdays on the beach. They are excited about this. I bought them their own small beach bags, with hats and sunglasses and beach toys. 

The car ride is 7 hours to the Outer Banks. I got them each a bag of things to open every hour to break up the monotony of the drive. 

I did that with my own and now I am doing it with my 4 and 8 year old granddaughters. Boggles my mind.

Time flies...

I sent my daughter a small package. Checking the tracking on the package, I was amused to see it is at Heathrow, United States!

15 comments:

  1. You are a great granny.

    Cool about Heatherow USA when going to England from there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an AI generated update. It left the Newark Airport at 8:47 AM and was processed at Heathrow Airport at 8:44PM. AI mistake.

      Delete
  2. Is the package lost? I used to do the little treats to keep my girls busy on long car rides like to Florida or Nashville etc. they got used to going to the cottage 2 1/2 hours away as long as we stopped for hamburgers with only about 1/2 hour to go. Long time ago now. Their boys are men now, one travels all the time but the other stays very close to home. He is a country boy and hated coming to see us in the city so much he would get himself sick. Have a great time Debby and glad Tiger is happy again. Gigi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girls are much better travelers now that they are older.

      Delete
  3. You are the cat whisperer. And such a good grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You reminded me that I used to do that with my kids when we had a long drive for vacations. Enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an excellent idea, a small for each hour. I think I'll steal that, if I remember:)
    Cats and bags, cats and boxes, they can't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great idea, something to open every hour. Plenty of entertainment! Do we need to worry about the Heathrow package? Where IS Heathrow, USA?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do NOT need to worry about that package.there is no Heathrowvin the US

      Delete
  7. Seven hours is a long drive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. paper bags and boxes..cat heaven!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess there isn't a Heathrow in the US.
    Yes, cats are cheap to entertain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for bringing back memories of our cats and paper bags. My gray tiger Jacob used to love to hide and crinkle in a brown grocery sack.
    The bags for the girl's trip is a great idea. I know they will look forward to every hour to open a new gift. I am sure they will have a great time. And time sure does fly, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, the Outer Banks! I miss going there. Ocracoke was our favorite but it's been years since we were there.
    Great idea of giving them something to open as you travel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We used to go camping on the outer banks. It's been a while.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you're here!

Done and dusted

 The fair is over and I am about peopled out. All of us are, I think. The abortion guy came back with a model fetus he borrowed from the rig...