The big focus today is his big bluster about renaming Lake Ontario.
It just seems like that ridiculousness pales in comparison to this mystery:
Trump and the Kremlin both denied knowledge of it. Let's be real though. Russia is at war. Military aircraft flying over Moscow would not have gone unnoticed. I don't think the director of the CIA would have risked his own safety, the safety of his staff and the safety of the military personnel without prior contact and the official okay to do so.
Don't even ask me to comment on 22 tons of Argentinian beef that was rejected by China because it had unacceptable levels of antibiotic and amoebas. That is a lot of beef that is looking for a place to go.
If only there was a country who was looking for a place to buy cheap meat to ease a beef shortage at home...

$12.00 2x4s and getting China's rejected meat. I guess this is called winning.
ReplyDeleteHas there ever been a president less concerned about America?
DeleteI don't know who's winning, but it sure isn't us. I'm heartsick about all of it and now Dolly Parton. It's too much.
ReplyDeleteTake heart. What is happening is not sustainable. It will fail.
Delete'Enjoy' all that cheap meat!!.......Yuck!
ReplyDeleteLuckily we have our own ready source of cheap meat.
DeleteHave you seen trevors_history_reels on Instagram? I've just shared it to fb as well.... Professor Poutine makes fair comment as ever.
ReplyDeleteIt is another attempted orange takeover job....
First Joanne... and now Dolly. Very sad
Very well spoken.
DeleteI can't watch the last video but I can work out what it is about. China once rejected and banned our meat once, I think because of pesticide residues. We don't use growth hormones, and only antibiotics for infections, not as a prevention.
ReplyDeleteNot all meat, just beef.
DeleteI know that Australian beef commands a premium price here. According to what I read, 15-25% more than comparable cuts of American beef. I also read that trump is cutting out the tariffs on beef (tell me again how tariffs are paid by the exporters and not the consumer...)
DeleteIt's the right time to become a vegetarian, or at least, only eat your own, home-killed meat.
ReplyDeleteI think they have home killed venison in their freezer.
DeleteSpeed beef it is affectionately known as. We rarely buy beef. We buy 40 lb boxes of chicken through an Amish supplier, and pork sometimes.
DeleteJust normal times.
ReplyDeleteNo, my friend. I truly believe this awfulness is imploding even now. Unfortunately the suffering will not end as quickly as the regime.
DeleteJust as he predicted- I am so tired of winning.
ReplyDeleteI just never could have conceived how quickly it was going to go to shit.
DeleteNope. I wouldn't have either. We both would have lost that bet.
DeleteMaybe the orange arse will get some of that tainted meat in his Big Macs. We rejected his deal that wasn’t a deal because it would have taken away our language rights, and our right to trade with other nations, no one in their right mind would sign that deal. Thank Lutnik for intervening at the last minute doing Donnie’s dirty work. You can’t do a deal with the rump period. He just bullies, there is no two sides to his deals. We are so happy his deal backfired. Gigi
ReplyDeleteThe world is on Canada's side.
DeleteI'm American and I'm definitely on Canada's side.
DeleteMost of America is, I think.
DeleteThe dumpster fire continues.
ReplyDeleteThe trumpster fire.
DeleteEvery day it's a new horror from him.
ReplyDeleteAnd the people who have the power to stop him < I >aren't.
DeleteThe election of 2024 is what spurred by bathroom remodel. We all know what happened in 2016. Within a week I had ordered all the supplies for e bathroom from the new shower walls and bases, drywall, a toilet, sink base and marble counter, all the fixtures like faucets, shower heads, etc, lighting fixtures, flooring. It did take another even a year later to get the project underway, but the materials were ready and waiting.
ReplyDeleteWhile installing the new shower, my oldest son was very impressed with the wall system. He looked it up on his phone and saw the price more than double what I paid for it. It was imported from Canada. Those prices never went down. Now imported goods from Canada will be 50% more.
All we are doing is hurting ourselves. It's frightening.
The price rises on everything are frightening and not just in the USA. I was thinking about buying a skirt that I had previously looked at online last year. Then it was £35, but when I looked again today it was £48. I decided not to buy it.
DeleteThere is so much to be angry and upset about, it's hard to know where to turn. I think that's the goal, actually. Infuriating.
ReplyDeleteI agree. They are using chaos as a weapon.
DeleteVery weird about the CIA guy. Undoubtedly working on Ukraine/Iran stuff but why all the cloak-and-dagger? And why the Russian denial?
ReplyDeleteThe Lake Ontario thing would be laughable if it weren't also insulting. I bought a Gulf of Mexico t-shirt after that kerfuffle and now it looks like I'll need a Lake Ontario one!
The Russians claiming no knowledge of the landing is a very obvious lie.
DeleteI grow weary of the whole trump shitshow, all of it. The man is an imbecile, the Lake Ontario thing is just more stupid man baby throwing toys out of his crib stuff. The CIA Director in Moscow on the other hand....................
ReplyDeleteI agree. I whole heartedly agree.
DeleteExcept for this most recent shitshow, I barely think about the orange shitpile anymore. He is just a part of this sorry world, like bed bugs, or ebola, something we need to accept and support those leaders working together to eradicate for the betterment of all.
ReplyDeleteAsante American I feel a keen responsibility to do what I can to effect change in this country. It is time for this country to pull together.
DeleteCanadians know the actions of the current American government are not supported by many, many Americans. Having acknowledged that, I want it to be known our reaction will be different this time. I sense a different mood amongst Canadians. We have been pushed too far. We are far less likely to be amenable to any agreement. Many Canadians are the grandchildren and great grandchildren of people who endured the privations of WW2. We have inherited knowledge of how to devise smart solutions, tough it out and overcome adversity. It is not Trump's line in the sand any more, it is ours.
ReplyDeleteTellin' it like it is, Susan! -Kate
DeleteStrangely, I feel like the three of us are on the same side.
DeleteOh, the Lake Ontario bluster is just classic headline-grabbing noise to distract from the actual mess!
ReplyDeleteYou're spot on about Russia—there’s zero chance military transport flies over Moscow without a pre-arranged nod. And that rejected Argentinian beef situation is terrifyingly plausible for cheap imports. Chaos as a weapon, indeed.
I read today that the new mnemonic is SHAME instead of HOMES.
DeleteSomeone posted an ad about buying ground beef from Amazon. Jeff Besos is such a kiss ass my first thought is that's where it's going to land.
ReplyDelete