Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Day is Done

 Monday was a whirl of activity from the time that I got up until the time I went to bed. It just fell that way. There was the expected stuff: a guy coming into our house to do some work. Washing the windows at the rental. Scrubbing and finishing the hardwood floors there. Of course I ran out of the finish/sealer and had to drop everything to run out and get more and at a time when I was not fit to be seen in public. After weeks of listening to Tim rant about his flip phone not holding a charge, and reminding him that he had a brand new smart phone I bought him a year ago sitting in a box waiting to be activated, he finally decided to make the jump yesterday. That was not without drama. It involved a lengthy call to customer service. (You all know how much I hate THAT.) I got William to his haircut by the skin of our teeth. 

That multicooker was worth its weight in gold yesterday. It was a marvelous thing to put a venison roast in, along with celery, carrots, potatoes and onions. The only thing required when I got home was making the gravy. 

The good news is that it all got done. All of it. It felt good, finally, to be sitting on the couch folding laundry. 


14 comments:

  1. And yet- it's never really done is it? Good thing we can measure our days by one day passing and getting good sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. Got right back up today and hit it hard. One more day of work there, and it will be done.

      Delete
  2. It is a good feeling when a day has gone well, however tired you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say it went well, but all the boxes got ticked!

      Delete
  3. Despite all the hundreds of promises that all I have to do it swap a card and turn on a new phone or even just turn it on at such and such date, every single phone swap I have ever done has involved lengthy phone calls to support lines. I no longer believe their promises anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim had a tracfone, a little flip phone. He has had it for years. The battery stopped holding a charge. I have a straight talk smart phone, buy a card every month. He liked the smart phone. I bought him one. It has set in a filing cabinet for a year. We don't have a plan. We will probably die with the phones being technophobic. Once the old dogs figure something out they become quite resistant to new tricks.

      Delete
  4. Wow. Busy, busy, busy. You earned that couch duty. Hope the phone is working wonderfully for Tim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'll get used to it. It's aggravating him right now.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I just expected retirement to be a bit more relaxing.

      Delete
  6. I love days like that, when I feel like I finally catch up with everything. Of course it's an illusion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your husband dealing with a new phone reminds me of my husband anytime he has to deal with anything new or modern technology! So much drama!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you're here!

Laughs

 It was a day of getting ready to go, getting everything packed up. We are headed east to see Iris' ballet recital.  I picked up some la...