Monday, March 6, 2023

Well...today sucked

 I had an appointment with an oral surgeon today, so of course, it wasn't a day I was looking forward to. 

I filled out the paperwork, and then waited in the waiting room. Two women came in, well dressed, made up, gravely voiced, talking about a piece of jewelry and where they had gotten it.

I was quiet, because I was nervous, but I listened to them. One, in very high heeled boots, tottered over to the coffee pot, a keurig. "Jamaican Me Crazy? HA, everyone already knows I'm crazy. No Jamaican about it..." and they both laughed loudly. 

The other said, "I need to use that restroom," and she tottered off in her heels as well. 

People are interesting, aren't they?

The woman came back out, and the other one loudly asked, "Everything come out okay?" They both tittered as if the old joke was the cleverest thing that had ever been said. 

I almost forgot to be nervous as I listened to these two gabbing loudly about shopping. I mean, it was like watching an episode of  Real Housewives of Jamestown, NY. 

Eventually, my name was called, and the fun was over. I got an estimate that made my eyes water. $3300 for one tooth!


15 comments:

  1. Ouch! They need a mini bar, not a coffee machine if they are going to deliver that sort of news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good teeth are no small undertaking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess today would suck with a $3300.00 estimate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if that is the intention of the idle chatter. If it is not a front tooth, I think I would tell the dental surgeon to remove it, which will still cost a bit I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is when I say thank goodness for the NHS over here even if it is falling apart, and even private dentists are not so expensive.
    People watching is the best fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch. Paying that bill will hurt more than the actual procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good grief - is it GOLD?! People watching is always interesting. Obviously in to get their veneers polished . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another of many examples of two people whose world has shrunk so far that it barely encompasses their body's width and height, thus their worlds are entirely about themselves these days. You would never catch me talking above a low whisper in the same situation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dentists and dental surgeons must live in the biggest houses on the highest hills.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My dentist lives around the corner from me, not a big house. He still charged me over $4000. For a bridge, that after $1600. For a root canal but wow, now I can eat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. People ARE interesting. Is this essential oral surgery, or something you can put off for a while?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, one of my teeth cracked and I needed a crown. It cost a little more than that but it was in a prominent spot so I had it done. Now I bite into things carefully so I don't crack any more teeth! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought only Dick Turpin wore a mask?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Costs go up and up don't they ?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - thats a huge amount. I bet you could come to the UK and get it done for way less and pay your fare too!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you're here!

A Better Day

 First of all, I want to thank every single person who recommended 'Puckoon'. Oh my gosh. It has been a long time since I laughed so...