After a good night's sleep, we got hopeful. It was followed by Sunday night, which was basically a return to sleeplessness. Tim was in bed by 11, up shortly after midnight. He stayed awake for most of the night. About 4ish, he came to bed.
I called the neurologist's office this morning. They asked what we had tried so far. I listed it out. Explained about the caffeine, which I guess was a fluke. Told them how concerned I was. When Tim gets tired, his voice slurs and it is evident that, cognitively speaking, something is off.
She told me that it would be passed on, and the call came back this afternoon. "Call your primary care provider."
And so I did. And they said, "Our next available appointment is March 21st."
I know it is not anyone's fault, but I'm afraid of what is happening here. I need some advice on how to turn it around. I don't know that we can or should wait until March 21st. I stressed that to the receptionist. "I am not trying to be difficult here, but my husband had a stroke a month ago, and this is a life changing event. I want the best outcome for him, and I feel like I'm foundering about on my own here."
"Call his cardiologist," she suggested.
"He doesn't have a cardiologist," I told her.
"Who ordered the Holter Monitor then?" she wanted to know.
"The neurologist. I've already tried to get some advice there and they directed me to call you."
Long story short, she was sympathetic and we've got an appointment March 21st at 2. I still don't know what we should do (or not do). I am reading and we are totally winging it, here.
Tim doesn't drink beer, but he bought himself a six pack tonight and cracked one open. We're getting desperate here.