Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Coughing, Kids, Cats

 It was a quiet day. Tim slept for a great deal of it, and I think that he's the better for it. The bad news is that it is bedtime, and he's ~ again! ~ coughing like crazy. 

I hate this. 

He says it's not as bad as it was. He would say that though. It is how he is. I can't really say anything because I'm kind of the same way myself. We'll see what happens tonight and argue it through tomorrow. Deja vu all over again. (and yes. I know. It's a joke.)

By the time that you read this, it will be my youngest daughter's birthday. 

We raise them to be happy in their own chosen paths. I'm glad for her happy life in a country she loves, with a job she enjoys, a loving (and beloved) husband, a pretty home, and her cat. 

But...still, in quiet moments, I sit and I remember. I miss her. 

The cat is out of the basement. He's in his bed. He's thinking too. He didn't miss us in the least, although he purrs when I talk to him. 

15 comments:

  1. Oh how frustrating, and debilitating for Tim, having been ill for so long. I hope you can get some joy from the Dr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping that the doctor can figure this out and Tim can get relief from the coughing. It's so draining and exhausting. An enemy to sleep. I felt that way when my daughters were far away; it was very hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a cat who would purr as soon as we picked up. Unfortunately he also dribbled from his mouth at the same time. At least saliva was non staining. Pets aren't like kids. You can have favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cats are certainly not dogs when it comes to being around us humans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Mangey thinks his new home is purrfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess it is a good thing if cat came up on her (?) own .

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you must miss your daughter horribly. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Has Tim seen an allergist? I wonder if that is the cause of his coughing. Or if he can sleep sitting up - like in a recliner?
    I second son and his 2 kids live 3 hours north of me but I never get to see them unless I go visit them (which I do some times). It makes me sad, tho, that he never reaches out to me. I always have to make the first move to set up our next visit. I miss them all terribly but I do "snapchat" with the kids to keep our connection. Better than nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My middle daughter lives in Vancouver, 1000 km away, and I know she likes living there but I miss her so. It's hard. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have two kids like yours who live away from me. I miss them particularly now when I am elderly. My daughter lives in Chicago. My son is on the west coast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope Tim's cough gets better Debby. As for cats, their independence is one thing which will never be altered.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad the cat is out of the basement! More progress! Didn't Yogi Berra come up with "Deja vu all over again"?

    ReplyDelete
  13. That cough has to go! I also wonder about allergies since it seems worse at night. I think the cat is living his best life and playing you all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope Tim gets over the cough soon. So very annoying. I also hope the youngest daughter has a great birthday. Take care, Debby. And you painted quite an image for me with your most recent comment on my blog. Thanks for the chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sigh... I miss my kids too. I do hope to see them this summer. I hope. And Tim... gosh! This is starting to get spooky. I sure hope he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you're here!

Laughs

 It was a day of getting ready to go, getting everything packed up. We are headed east to see Iris' ballet recital.  I picked up some la...