Monday, November 14, 2022

The Kitchen Witch

Sunday is a big day at our house. The Steelers play. I don't pay much attention to that, but it is my writing day, to get my letters out for the week. It is also laundry day, My second load is in even as we speak. It is snowing outside, so it is a good day to putter around the house. 

"What do you want for dinner?" I asked Tim this morning as I drank my morning coffee. He paused and said, "Pizza." 

I went down a mental checklist and said, "We can do that. Can you stop by the store on the way home from church and pick up a bag of mozzarella cheese? " (He passes the store). 

He fidgeted a little. "I was just teasing you. You don't have to make a pizza from scratch."

"It's not hard. I will make up the pizza dough. We already have sauce, peppers, onions, mushrooms, pepperoni, sausage. I don't have enough mozzarella, but we have everything else."

The look, people! He looked at me like I was a magician pulling a rabbit out of my hat. 



15 comments:

  1. While I am not religious, I do like the word 'bless'. Bless him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the mysteries of the food conjurer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would probably give you a similar look. .

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is pretty magic, you gotta admit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny. My cousin would say, Ahh bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have for the most part given up on purchased pizza unless one of our kids has a free pizza for reading in school. So I generally always keep a supply of pizza ingredients in our house ready to go. We don't quite have pizza once a week so our average is probably three times a month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debby, conjurer of fine and exotic foods.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The funny thing is that I've made homemade pizza before. I guess the grand illusion was that he thought that it was a much more complicated process that would cause me to spend hours slaving away in the kitchen. By the time that he returned home with the cheese, the pizza was built and waiting for the cheese. That was the magic to his thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I make my own pizza too and always a really big one on a cookie sheet, so there is plenty to put in the freezer for future meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a recipe for dough that allows me to double it and toss half of it in the freezer to pull out and thaw the next time I want to assemble a pizza.

      Delete
  10. I have a lump of pizza dough in the freezer right now, it didn't fit in the cookie sheet last time I made pizza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A 'lump of dough' is a handy thing to keep on hand!

      Delete
  11. You ARE a kitchen magician, Debby!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you're here!

Weary

I am sure that everyone has seen the video of the collapse of the Francis Scott Key Bridge. I lived in Baltimore for a couple years while my...