Sunday, June 5, 2022

Nice Day

 I started out my Sunday as usual, by drinking my coffee while pounding out a letter to my daughter. I enjoy that couple of hours, when the house is empty. I don't get much alone time, and I'm a person who needs that. 

I spent some time in the garden. We're supposed to get rain for most of this week, and that is very good news. I carried buckets to the garden to give everything a good watering before the rain hits Monday night or Tuesday morning. 

William's last day of school is Friday. Monday morning on the 13th, he and I are headed east for a week. He's plenty excited and so am I.  I will have both grands in the same place and there is a promise of lots of pool time. On the way home, we'll visit Crystal Caves. William doesn't know about that. It will be a surprise. 

We bought the carpeting for the renovation. The guys were funny and talkative, even though they were having difficulty with the cutting/rolling machine. We offered to return the following day, because it was getting close to closing time. They wouldn't hear of it. Their good humor made spending a large sum of money a lot less painful. We were still laughing when we left the store. 

It should be the final big expense for the place, which is a big happy. 

Once at the apartment, the tenant who lives in the other side of the house came right out to give us a hand to haul four heavy rolls inside, bless her heart. 

I told Tim he was treating me to a six pack of Raspberry Ice wine coolers. He did so without complaint and I had him drop me off at Paula's.  I knocked on her door. I handed one of the wine coolers over to her and we both laughed like loons, me headed for home, she uncapping as she walked back inside her home. 

When I got home, there was yet one more happy event. Mangey was waiting outside the door. When he saw me, he spoke pleasantly. I asked him if he was hungry and took his bowl in side. His mange looks a LOT better. He doesn't appear to be digging at it. I'll probably give him another dose of medication later in the week, but I was awfully glad to see how much his skin has improved. 

It was an ordinary day, I suppose. Boring even, I suppose, but I'm sitting here perfectly happy, and I don't think it's just the Smirnoff. 

22 comments:

  1. Boring is underrated in my opinion. It sounds like a lovely day and I'm glad the cat's mange is improving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim commented, "Boy, it was nice to have a day off from working." It surprised me that I hadn't even considered that! Yep. Another happy. We did not work down the street today!

      Delete
  2. I love boring and I'm happy with any bit of progress. As I've aged, I've become much more aware and thankful of small mercies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, days just seem to go right, don't they?

      Delete
  3. That sounds like a busy, not boring day! Interesting how Mangey seems more sociable. That's just dandy that his skin is better. You're one of the quiet little angels trying to improve one little creature. Maybe since his skin feels better, he's not so cranky and miserable and can be more friendly. Keep up the good work! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was ridiculously pleased about Mangey. He looked so bad the last time I saw him. He still has a white stripe from between his ears to just behind his shoulder blades. But nothing is open and the flaking is completely gone. I am sure he feels much better. I know I do.

      Delete
  4. Good times ahead, and old Mangey cat is looking better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to make plans. Mangey seem to have made a two legged friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even better, I have made a four legged friend.

      Delete
  6. Your day was a lot more than just nice. Lots of happies all round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was...with a refreshing beverage at the end of it!

      Delete
  7. I suppose it doesn't matter if it is a large or small amount you are spending, when you get such good service, you will only remember that and not the cost.

    Very pleasing news about Mangey who perhaps could now be renamed Evasive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what I should call him. I was thinking Pete. If you read Pete the cat and his four groovy buttons, you will understand.

      Delete
  8. Good that Mangey is back and looking better, but I think a nicer name might be appropriate as he hopefully improves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It took me clicking the link to figure out how Missouri was east of you. I guess when people name caves, crystal is a common adjective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. William will be in a state of excitement!

      Delete
  10. Your life sounds a bit like mine when my husband was alive. He thought we could do anything, I can remember him saying "just pick up that end, it's not that heavy" or we can do it even when I knew there was my way and his, we had to try his first, Mine was the best many times. I do miss those days and would be happy to carry the heavy end if I could have him back again. We made some good memories just like you and Tim are doing. Later they will all be good ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That saying, 'enjoy the little things, because later you will find out that they were the big things' is about right.

      Delete

I'm glad you're here!

A Better Day

 First of all, I want to thank every single person who recommended 'Puckoon'. Oh my gosh. It has been a long time since I laughed so...