Monday, February 21, 2022

4 Days

 William woke up this morning sneezing his head off. His nose is running. He felt fine. He has allergies, so we did not give it much thought. 

It is now clear that he has a cold. 

Eek. Popping zinc tablets like crazy.

I head about the havoc wreaked by Dudley and Eunice over there. I thought, "Please don't let there be an 'f' storm.' 

Today I'm reading about Franklin. 

This crap needs to stop.

Our internet and phone were down for the vast majority of a 24 hour period: Saturday for nearly all of the afternoon, all of Sunday morning. I documented, and documented for the FCC complaint. I also sent multiple texts to the man who always calls back (I haven't heard from him since Tuesday). I know that he only works Mon-Fri, 8-4, but I explained the texts were informational only, to provide a time line and to insure that Breezeline cannot claim that they were unaware of the problem.; 

Quite amazingly about 1:15 Sunday, the internet and phone came back into service. They have remained that way for 7.5 hours. That is the longest stretch of  continuous service we've had for weeks. 

4 more days before I go. 


19 comments:

  1. I had to research. Franklin is the name of the next storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you are flying into Heathrow I hear planes were still landing even in the storm. You may want to keep your eyes closed though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The windy weather is coming from the west so your plane will have a tail wind and you will get here even quicker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our weather warning for wind is until 1 pm GMT
    So bye bye Franklin. But you will keep sending your storms over here when you have finished with them!!

    Hope all goes ok x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be flying into Birmingham, Jaycee, but I do like the idea that I'll get there faster, Sue. Gz, I don't know where they are coming from, but I was unaware that they were emanating from here. I will have a stern talking to with Ma Nature. It is not long now, I'm steadily ticking stuff off the to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your phone troubles make it seem like you’re living in a third world country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How long is the flight after you leave the states?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck. Much quieter here today - lovely and sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't worry! You will have a fabulous trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you're flying in to Birmingham good luck understanding the Brummie accent (I'm a Brummie). My boyfriend before I got married thought he spoke good English, but the horrified look on his face when my dad and my brother spoke to him made me realize that he hadn't quite mastered Brummie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Franklin's gone and Grace will be here in a few days I'm so over storms and I'm in Scotland where they are no novelty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Many people take for granted their good internet and phone service. As we both know, there are plenty of places in this country that are lacking in that respect. I hope you'll be able to do a brief post when you get there just to let us know you've arrive. Then feel free to spend all your time making memories to share with us when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually expect to be able to do posts, Kelly. I will be working off an Iphone, so they will be short and sweet, but I hope to be able to accomplish it. Not sure about pictures, but fingers crossed. And you can no for sure that there will be memories made. Hey Kelly, can you e-mail me your address?

    I'm about tired of storms, Jessica...and I haven't even gotten there yet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm dreading running into a Geordie accent, Treader.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My partner's natural accent in Geordie but he speaks Australian now, unless speaking to his family or back in Newcastle. The accent now is not as broad as it used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't think Franklin will be a problem for you (it's just been windy here in London) but who knows what other storms may creep up while you're here!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you're here!

A Better Day

 First of all, I want to thank every single person who recommended 'Puckoon'. Oh my gosh. It has been a long time since I laughed so...