Sunday, October 17, 2021

Rainy Weekend

 It has been a dull, gray, rain filled weekend. The temperatures are dropping down. We are in autumn. 

There is something wonderful about sleeping until you are ready to wake up, and moving about in the quiet morning dimness. 

I've got a lot done this weekend. I am bringing my indoor plants back from the unheated greenhouse for the winter, and putting them in the library, the livingroom, the office. I've been cleaning and rearranging furniture. There's something very satisfying about that as well, at least to me. 

I've been studying the avocado tree situation. I need to rehome 4 or 5 of them. I've got three neighbors in mind. It will be a nice chance to visit with them, and something to do while Tim is watching football.

I'm reading Virgil and Beatrice by Yann Martel, and I'm not sure why I am so intrigued by it. If I tried to tell you what it is about, you'd think it was the craziest idea for a story yet. But...oddly...it is not.  

There was a long phone call with far away Cara. 

It's been a soul satisfying weekend. 



4 comments:

  1. I read "Virgil and Beatrice" years ago and did not like it at all. I'll be interested to hear what you think. Good luck rehoming the avocados! (This is what happens when all your plants survive -- you wind up with too many! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. I noticed you were having difficulty obtaining my book in the US. I need to address this but meanwhile if you send me an address via my blog ( moderated so I would not publish it) or write to viewsfromthebikeshed@gmail.com I will be delighted to send you a complimentary copy - my pleasure indeed. Best. Mark

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you're here!

A Better Day

 First of all, I want to thank every single person who recommended 'Puckoon'. Oh my gosh. It has been a long time since I laughed so...