Monday, November 23, 2020

Ridiculous

Have you ever just gotten it in your head that you want to do something? Something that just feels important, but it's totally impractical? Something totally ridiculous that feels like absolutely the right thing to do for a hundred different reasons?  

I got one of those ideas and I've been tossing it over in my mind, trying to argue myself out of it, but I just couldn't. 

Last night for the first time, I actually got up the nerve to tell Tim what I was going to do. 

He looked at me. 

I braced myself for the perfectly reasonable comments about my ridiculousness.

His mouth opened, and he said, "We can do that." 

So the both of us are off doing a totally ridiculous thing for no other reason than it feels like the right thing to do in these strange days. 

Stay tuned. 

9 comments:

  1. Curiouser and curiouser!! We wait with bated breathe! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a dream over a year ago about starting a business tied to football, and when I decided to share it, a few people told I was too old, and a few people told me to go for it. But I feel like once you want to do something, everyone else's approval shouldn't matter. So I can't tell you how excited I am to hear about what you've got planned. Sounds super exciting! Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, and I blogged about it today. I was born left-handed but they switched me when I started school. I have a longing to be able to write with my left hand, and I'm trying it to see if I can. I'll likely give up before I get it done though. It's HARD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The older I get, the easier it is to give in and do stuff like that. I just don't care what people think and I realize that time is growing shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a tease!!😂😂😂 I did something I have never done in 42 years married, I swore at my husband, i called him some really nasty names. That's because I never say anything unless I mean it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! I'm looking forward to hearing more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If it feels right, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joining everyone here in affirming whatever caper you are about to embark upon!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you're here!

A Better Day

 First of all, I want to thank every single person who recommended 'Puckoon'. Oh my gosh. It has been a long time since I laughed so...