Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Phone Call.

We've been on the receiving end of a flurry of strange calls lately.

Yesterday, the phone rang. It was obviously a call center. You could hear the voices in the background, including a heavily accented voice that was screaming like crazy at someone. "I don't care..." the bellow went.

A little surprised, I said, "Hello?!!"

And a heavily accented voice (think Jamaica, or the like) came on. He politely said, "May I speak to Timothy please."

I said, "No."

He wasn't prepared for that answer. He hesitated.

I said "We don't wish to speak to scammers."

Long pause. Polite 'click'.

I hope the person who was being screamed at found the wherewithall to hang up the phone.

3 comments:

KarenTX said...

Oh yeah, I LOVE (not) getting those calls! They usually hang up pretty quick after I tell them I know it's a scam and that if they persist I will report the number to the FCC, when I answer! LOL

Kelly said...

Amazing how many unsolicited calls we still get, despite being on the "do not call" registries. Sometimes I just hang up during that brief moment between answering and when the caller realizes their robocall has been answered. Others times I wait until they talk so I can request they remove me from their list. Then again, sometimes I just let it ring (thank goodness for caller ID).

Bush Babe said...

Gads... you really wonder how those kinds of 'businesses' make money... guess enough people must fall for it.