Sunday, July 19, 2015

Counting

Probably going to sound very stupid, but you know what I love? I love sitting in the semi dark and hearing the clocks strike the hour. First the clock in the hall (slowly, in a serious, deep tone), and then the clock in the library joins in (a tinkly, slower chime which continues on after the hall clock has efficiently done its job.) The two clocks seem to goad the livingroom clock in action, and it joins in, just as the library clock finishes.

As the clocks count the hours, I count my blessings. When the last chime fades into eternity, I sit there in silence, and I am counting still.


2 comments:

Kelly said...

It doesn't sound stupid to me at all. Too many folks in this day and age have lost the ability to just "sit". They always have to be multi-tasking.

What a lovely way to count your blessings.


You're still on my prayer list, so I think of you every day. I've missed seeing your posts.

Reb said...

Glad to see you back posting :)
Reb