Saturday, October 4, 2014

Songs.

Tonight, I got home from work, and William was ready for bed. I got him in his dinosaur pajamas and he was hopping around all full of beans. I managed to get him tucked into bed with the promise of a story from his book of fairy tales, this time about Hansel and Gretel.

When I was done with that, he wanted another book, so he scampered out of his bed and over to his bookshelf and selected a book with multiple Disney characters and a winter theme. So I read about Lightning MacQueen inviting another car to go sliding in the snow, Wall-E thinks Eve looks like a beautiful snowman, Nemo and his friends talk about an underwater winter. Basically an advertisement for multiple Disney movies. But it was short. We got to the last page and 'Mater was singing "Let it tow, let it tow, let it tow..." I sang it with gusto, and William laughed out loud.

"That is not the way the song goes, Gwandma!" I was a little amazed. I couldn't see how he could have remembered singing "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" from LAST Christmas. "How DOES it go, William?" I said, interested to find out what he remembered. He flung his arms outward and bellowed, "Let it GO, let it GOOOOOO...."

*snort*

BTW, it did snow today, briefly. It is cold. Summer faded quickly into autumn, and winter's waiting impatiently to make her debut.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Snow. Geez.

S. Etole said...

Those little ones in our lives are just the best.

jeanie said...

Snow? We are definitely going to go to the beach today just for you!!!