Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Spooky-Eeky.

Tim was spending some quality time with William while Brianna and I were both at work. When I came home from work, William was very excited. When he gets excited, he tends to talk a blue streak. When he gets VERY excited, you can hardly keep up with him. He wanted to tell me all about Spooky-Eeky, and he babbled on about a scar on a head, and a scary face, and suddenly he dropped to all fours, made big eyes and started turning his head back and forth slowly, blabbing away.

I watched him, incredulously. "Spooky-Eeky?" I said, trying to get a handle on what he was talking about. 

"Yes!" he answered. 

"Who told you about THAT?" I asked. Tim is not a scary movie person, or a scary story person, or a scary anything person, but sure as anything, William, still on all fours with his back up in the air, his eyes wide and his head turning back and forth slowly, said excitedly, "Yep. I go wif grandpa and I see Spooky-Eeky, and he is very scary..." 

Boy. This did not sound like Tim, but I yelled for him anyway. He came into the living room. "He's talking about Spooky-Eeky, and saying YOU took him to see him. What the heck is he talking about? What the heck is he doing?" and between us, William stood there on all fours with his back arched and his head slowly turning back and forth with his eyes bugging out of his head. 

Tim stared in total amazement listening to William babble on, his words running all together in his excitement. "Where on earth did you take him?" I demanded, and Tim said, "Well we went to Lowes...." His eyes got big and he burst out laughing.

"You know what he's doing?" he asked me, laughing loudly. 

"No, not a clue," I said.

And William continued to talk, his head turning back and forth, his arched back, on all fours.

Tim said, "They have their Halloween displays up. They had a skull that lit up and laughed, and a witch, giant pumpkins. William's favorite was a giant black cat with an arched back. He had great big wide eyes and his head moved back and forth." 

"William," I asked, "are you a cat?" 

And William answered, "Yes. I am a cat, and my name is Spooky-Eeky..."

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds to me like you need to go back to Lowes and get a Spooky-Eeky for your house. Wait...maybe you already have one!

S. Etole said...

Love the imaginations of children.

jeanie said...

lol - obviously Lowes over there isn't the same as Lowes over here, because its a menswear over here promoted by footballers - so can be very scary, but alas no cats.

Pencil Writer said...

Hey, Debbie! I've been on hiatus for a long time. Much has happened and I've really not even thought about blogging for some time. (I don't even remember my password or whatever to back into my own blog, for pete's sake! How bad is that?) Anyway, I saw that you'd haunted my spot, so thought I'd try to reconnect. Hope you have a wonderful day, and that "Spookey Eeky" have a fun autumn!