Friday, September 26, 2014

I studied the words closely, a little shocked. It has been so very long that I don't think on things much anymore. I think that everyone wants a perfect family, but not everyone is blessed with that.

When I posted about my friend's dying sister, I received this comment. "Beloved sister, what happened to your other brother and sister? Don't they meet your expectations?"

I could feel the cutting sarcasm from the e-mail. I wondered if it made "Anonymous" feel better to send it, vindicated maybe. I don't know. But what I do know is that when you've stepped away from an angry family, well, words like that lose a lot of sting. It simply ceases to matter.

Stepping away from an angry family is a tough decision, but in the end, it is the decision that I made. That decision has brought me peace. I am comfortable with my choices.

My answer to you, "Anonymous" is that in the end, what matters is love. I am loved. I'm glad that you are too. Live a good life.


2 comments: