Saturday, June 21, 2014

This sucks.

I may have spent the best $2.00 of my life today. We had to stop by one of the rentals to grab some drywall tools, and I happened to see a yard sale across the street. Tim said, "Go ahead over there and see if they have anything we need." At about the same time, my eyes fell upon a bright green vacuum sweeper. We use these at work, for quick pickups, and they are great. I figured with all the hardwood floors, it would come in handy. The $2.00 price tag made it simply irresistable.



So I bought it, and set it in the front seat of the truck and thought no more about it. I spent the day at the brick house stripping wallpaper, scraping up tile floors, and basically doing what needed doing as Tim and Bill, our hired guy worked hard mudding drywall and planning out the kitchen (we picked up the custom cabinets today).

We got home, and Tim grabbed the vacuum out of the truck and brought it in. William saw it and said, "What you got for me, Grampa? You buy a little vacuum for me?" It made me laugh. I plugged it in and let him vacuum the bathroom. When I took it to get some spots he missed, he began to cry. "It is MY little green vacuum, Gramma!" I gave it back and set him to work in the hall. When he reached the end of his cord, I unplugged it, and he howled some more. He's vacuumed the kitchen. He's vacuumed the hall. He's vacuumed the livingroom twice, and just now decided he needs to vacuum the library.

It's kind of like having a roomba.

7 comments:

S. Etole said...

Perfect buy!

Bush Babe said...

LOL - gorgeous!!!! Does he want to visit?? ;-)

Caroline said...

Too funny! But you will get a clean house out of it!

Mrs. Spit said...

Send him this way, will you?

jeanie said...

Oh that is excellent!! We got a $2 vacuum for a toy, but it doesn't work...

KarenTX said...

A Roomba with two legs and a voice! LOLOL

Debby said...

Jeanie, strongly suggest getting one that works. It's amazingly helpful.