Sunday, May 25, 2014

Stoooo-pid.

Husband comes home from his mother's, clutching an old wooden wall lamp with a very dated water stained shade. I make a disparaging remark to which he replies: "I made this in woodshop," and he turns the lamp this way and that studying the work of his long ago self.

I think of all the things that I hang onto solely for sentimental reasons, things that I am fond of for nothing more than nostalgia, and I wonder, yet again, if I will ever learn to keep my big stupid mouth closed.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Sometimes we speak before we know all the facts. We're all guilty of it. You just didn't know.

jeanie said...

Awww - it is awful when the filters haven't engaged fully and the words come out without that two beats of silence required. I am so very, very guilty of this.