Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Figures...

When I got Paddy-Paws, I wanted a female cat, for her temperament. I was told Paddy was a she, and so I took her. (I can't tell until the ~ er ~ difference is obvious...) I got her home and then read that like 97% of orange cats are male. Pondering it, I realized that all the orange cats I knew were male. I was grateful that I'd selected a non-gender-specific name.

Someone pointed out to me that the difference should now be fairly obvious, and that if Paddy IS actually a male, he's missing some rather prominent proof of that.

Hm. Again, was was grateful that I'd selected a non-gender-specific name. Since I wanted a female to begin with, it wasn't exactly something I was going to waste time fretting over.

I'm having a small bridal shower for Brittani this weekend. Guess who now has a cat in heat?

5 comments:

KarenTX said...

LOLOL Murphy's Law!

Kelly said...

Uh oh. I have no idea how to deal with that (especially with a cat) considering everyone gets the spay/neuter treatment at my house. Of course MamaDog was already expecting when she arrived (therefore the name), but it was taken care of ASAP after delivery.

S. Etole said...

Hopefully all will go well!

jeanie said...

Oooh - I hope s/he is crossing his/her legs!

We have a ginger - he is a boy, but at the centre we got him one of the bonuses is no bonus bits, so no bonus chances of kittens.

Linda Gross said...

So, it is a girl after all.