Thursday, March 20, 2014

This and That

I sit here with a little boy carefully *erping* his cookies into a garbage can. I wipe his little mouth. He's pretty laid back about the whole thing. He's watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates on television.

I see that Fred Phelps has died. It's something that I've always wondered about; what does God do with people like him?

I'm reading a lot of comments. A lot of people want to go and picket his funeral. A lot of people are glad and celebrating. A lot of people are calling for his passing to be ignored since the church thrived on publicity. There are funny cartoons. Sarcastic comments.

I don't know. I look at the pale little boy sitting on the couch, and it makes me glad to know that when he grows up, he won't know who Fred Phelps is. It makes me sad to know that when he grows up, there will be others who are just as hateful.

It is the first day of spring, and once again it is snowing. Will this winter EVER end?

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I confess - I had to look up the name as it didn't ring a bell. I'm very glad God, in His infinite wisdom, gets to make those judgment calls.

I hope that little boy is better soon.

jeanie said...

I figure that God is the judge in it all - thank goodness I don't have to call it.

Smiling as your song is playing in the background.

quid said...

I had to look up Fred. I immediately recognized the image although I couldn't place the name. Hate in the name of religion. Hope he rests in peace, he didn't cause any on the planet.

Get well, little one.

quid

quid said...

I didn't know Fred, so I googled.

Sigh. So much hate in the world. One less source of it with his demise.

Hoping the little one is well by now.

quid