Thursday, January 23, 2014

Good find!

*whispers*

I found a Krups cappucino machine, brand new, still in box, original selling price, $100.00. Well. $99.99. It was at the Goodwill for $49.99. Even though it's brand-new, still, that's a lot of money for Goodwill.

Except that I have a punch card that is full. I can get 50% off my next purchase.

I waffled about it something awful. I haven't had a cappucino machine since my last Mr. Coffee blew up. I mean, blew up with a loud bang and pieces flying everywhere. Since it was the second Mr. Coffee to explode in a two year period, I decided that there is a design flaw. I refused to buy another. I have not had cappucino since. (I figure when making your coffee becomes high risk, it's time to make a few changes.) I miss my cappucino, and I was sooooooo tempted.

In the end, I felt embarrassed to spend that money on myself without talking to Tim first. We've got a lot going on here, and plenty of new expenses. It's the right thing to do. So I put the thing back on the shelf, and I left it there.

Tim called on his break. I told him about it. He said, "Well, I don't think you should wait on it. Something like that might sell kind of quickly. You'd better go back out and get it right now."

Tim doesn't even drink coffee.

It's also below zero out there.

I'm headed out right now.

I'll be hard pressed to wait till morning to use it.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I hope you got back to it in time!!

Caroline said...

Well? How did it work? I would have run right out and bought it.

jeanie said...

Oh, I hope that the machine is yours - imagine the joy every morning you will have.

Bush Babe said...

WELLL?????
Did you get it? I hope you hid it well the first time you left...
;-)
BB