Friday, January 17, 2014

Cara

This morning, in a far off land called Altoona, there is a girl sitting in a local McDonalds, drinking coffee, staring on into space and mentally scrolling through lists of facts and figures. In just a few minutes, she will walk into an university auditorium and begin taking her comprehensive exams, otherwise known as 'Comps'. She's been studying for these like crazy, giving up her Christmas vacation to return to her empty apartment and study alone, drinking energy smoothies and falling asleep on her couch, only to wake up, sit up and start the process again.

Today is the day.

I have great confidence in my girl. The best part is to hear her say, "I don't think that at the end of the day, I'll have anything to be ashamed of."

I think that she's right.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I remember this well from two years ago with my daughter.

I've already said some prayers.

Linda Gross said...

I love your daughter's confidence! I am sure that her hard work and determination paid off.

jeanie said...

You go Cara!!!!