Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Gifts

My cold is easing back finally, good news. We've still got snow here, and it's cold. This morning, I couldn't get the car doors open. Nice things have been happening lately. I've had a nice conversation with a family who enjoyed a couple columns that I'd done about his grandfather, a remarkable man who died just short of his 100th birthday. He was a man who understood honor, and true love, and gratitude. He was a widower of 12 years who still missed his wife so badly that he got tears in his eyes when he spoke of her. The family wants me to have a copy of four years of WWII correspondence between their grandparents. What a remarkable gift! Speaking of remarkable gifts, I'm about to head to bed to read. I have two letters from friends. Thanks, Kelly! Thanks, Mary! What a treat!

3 comments:

BUSH BABE said...

Glad you are feeling better!!
:-)
Amanda

Kelly said...

There's nothing quite like an honest to goodness, hold it in your hands letter on real paper. :)

Lori said...

Glad you are feeling better. It's starting to get cold here as well. I don't like having to defrost the wind shield in the mornings!