Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tic cats, please.

 Tonight, I went drove up to the clock shop and picked up my funny little clock.
It gongs on the hour and chimes on the half.
I just stayed up way past my bedtime to hear it one more time.
I'm a goof like that.
**********
On the way home, I stopped in and visited my friend Mary. They live at the top of a mountain, and oh my good gosh. What a storm we had! The lightning streaked from one side of the sky to the other. It was short but strong enough to get the road crews out and working on the roads. I encountered a washout on the way home.
**********
I had a chance to porch sit and drink wine with another friend, and then I was back home.
 I tried to get a picture of Nash. He's camera shy, apparently.
 He's adapting well.
I guess this is the best we can hope for tonight. He is a very sweet tempered cat. He sat by the door today. I took a deep breath and opened the door. He stepped out and sat quietly on the porch. He made no move to leave it, and came back inside as soon as the door opened. He seems to really enjoy being an indoor cat, and given the choice, I'd rather he choose to stay inside.

3 comments:

jeanie said...

Good luck on the cat whispering.

I got to drive through a few roads today that had a fair bit of washout - even 6 months later, still a precarious crawl in some spots.

Nothing like watching a storm - preferably from safety.

Debby said...

LOL. Actually, these pictures were taken while trying to get him to stay in one place. I popped him on the sofa, and petted him, and he purred looked so pretty. I backed up with camera in hand. He tried to follow. All of the pictures were taken as he was trying to wind around my legs. My backing away confused him. He's actually a very sweet cat.

Kelly said...

Nash is quite the handsome fellow!! I have a grandcat AND a step-grandcat that are black.