Friday, July 5, 2013

Big Night for the Oldies.

Back to work today, but after work, Tim and I will be heading back to New York State to the Chautauqua Institute.











We'll be seeing all of 'em, plus Player and Robbie Dupree, two groups I don't remember all that well.

Tim and I are almost exactly the same age, one month apart to the very day. This music provided a sound track for a big part of our 20s. I'm not sure why, but I find myself looking back lately. How life has changed from those days when I was long haired and skinny, and there were no cell phones, or computers. From a time when there was no Tim in my life, from a time when there was no Debby in his. How things have changed!

We are now 56 years old. I don't think our 20 year old selves ever imagined ourselves living the life that we live now. Our reality completely eclipses anything that we could have imagined back then. We both consider ourselves to be two of the luckiest people we know.



PS: In an final act of extravagance, guess who else we will be seeing in August? Garrison Keillor.

1 comment:

jeanie said...

I am slightly younger and from the other side of the earth, so I recognised Christopher Cross only...

Have a hugely fantastic time, though!! Nice to have a great date :)